Home General Discussion

in wall humi-using beads only?

ok so i have a 24wx12 d x 4ft tall humi. i use an oasis 2 xl, the big one. its fine during winter keeps it about 67-70 where i like. now thats its warm it seems to much. even w/out it kicking on. so i took it out and my humi is staying anywhere from 67-72, thats w/ no humidification at all. do you think just throwin a couple pounds of beads in her for summer would be sufficient? it has glass in the door so it fluctuates a few degrees of temp as well as humidity. just depends how the house is. air on/off. thoughts?

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I calculated this out using heartfelts bead calculator and 2lbs looks perfect...probably want to go with 65% beads, thats what I use and in the basement with humidity it keeps them between 67% and 68%....
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    My cabinet is the same way. I've removed the humidifier and it stays a steady 67%. I do have some beads in it but only half a pound.
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    thanks guys. i have 2 pds. tevan, are u going to a smaller humidifier this winter. i think i might.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    My cabinet is the same way. I've removed the humidifier and it stays a steady 67%. I do have some beads in it but only half a pound.
    x2 for the summer here
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    When you guys buy two pounds of beads and put it in your humi are you just laying it down on the floor of your humi and placing your cigars on top of it? How do you add solution or distilled water if they are all lose in the bottom? Where should i get some? Thanks for you help.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I think i answered my own question. I purchased some heartfelt beads in tubes.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Heartfelt are what I have. I just use a couple mesh bags. As for the winter humidification, my home gets extremely dry even with a whole home humidifier so it works good to keep the 67% level.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    i need some beads, i have 4 humidors that need humidification and im tired of these Xikar Puks and humi pucks not keeping things humidified without a ton of effort! Its crazy, i have a 75 count a 20 count a 30 count and a 50 count....... how would I do this?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Redtailhawkoz:
    i need some beads, i have 4 humidors that need humidification and im tired of these Xikar Puks and humi pucks not keeping things humidified without a ton of effort! Its crazy, i have a 75 count a 20 count a 30 count and a 50 count....... how would I do this?
    I'd think a pound would suffice split between all these....I use nylons, cut the end off and use a twist tie to close...in a humi I keep them bottom tray and top tray....
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I'd think a pound would suffice split between all these....I use nylons, cut the end off and use a twist tie to close...in a humi I keep them bottom tray and top tray....
    +1 for the nylons.... just don't rab used ones
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I agree a pound for oz, I got a pound of Conservagels and I haven't even used half of it for my 300ct diablo, 100ct Glasstop, & 20 ct extra. Beads last forever, and if you are tired of the constant checking you will LOVE the simplicity of beads.

As for what to use, +1 on the nylons, but heck I use any old plastic small container, just remember more surface area of beads exposed to the air the better they will work.