Home General Discussion

UPS REALLY?

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    My COTM shipment went out yesterday. I live almost dead center in the state of Pennsylvania, roughly halfway between Pittsburgh and Philly. For some reason, the USPS routed it from the ccom warehouse (in the eastern part of the state) and it's now being sorted through Pittsburgh (in the western part of the state). Meaning it went on a truck right through the city I live in.

Processed through Sort Facility, May 28, 2011, 12:36 pm, PITTSBURGH, PA 15290
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 27, 2011, 6:50 pm, LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002
    Shipment Accepted, May 27, 2011, 4:07 pm, LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 27, 2011
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Redtailhawkoz:
    boydmcgowan:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    beatnic:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Placed an Order for a DD the other day ...... Didnt arrive in the normal 3 days..... Then i checked the Delivery Confirmation.... UPS! .. scheduled for delivery Next week....... I HATE FREAKING UPS..... PACKAGES ALWAYS DAMAGED, ALWAYS TAKES FOREVER TO GET HERE , THEY SIT IN A WHEREHOUSE FOR DAYS BEFORE COMING TO ME, THIS ONES BEEN SITTING IN A PA WHAREHOUSE FOR 3 DAYS ALREADY...... FRAKING PISSES ME OFF ! IF IT ARRIVES ILL BE SURPRISED!
    Go grab a beer buddy...and say "Serenity NOW!" Then say thank you to humidified shipping.

ROTFLMAO... If I grabbed a beer there would be NO SERENITY! Ive been Clean for 11 and a Half years and I plan on keeping it that way..... There is no future in Booze..... ive spilled more than most guys have drank........Ozzie and Drugs and Alcohol = Chaos, death and Destruction..... ! LOL
    Sounds like a good time. LOL

Fun doesn't even beging to describe my partying days! LOL
    Oz, good for you for recognizing it, and making a change and sticking to it. 11 and ahalf years is comendable brother, keep it up.

Thanks Bro.. Alot of others Recognised it before me, the Police , Judges, Ex Wiife, Famiily EETC LOL If your in Redwood City We will have to get together sometime and Smoke a Good Cigar! Thanks for the Props!
    yeah brother sometimes the signs are missed for a while, but its better late than never.

Yeah, I'm right near Downtown RWC, so I guess I'm pretty local. I'd love to grab a smoke one of these days man.

I was thinking of heading to the AJ event but its hard to rationalize the ticket price and the box purchase minimum with a 1.5 yr old at home ot take care of. So one of thesae days we'll have to link up.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    skweekz:
    My COTM shipment went out yesterday. I live almost dead center in the state of Pennsylvania, roughly halfway between Pittsburgh and Philly. For some reason, the USPS routed it from the ccom warehouse (in the eastern part of the state) and it's now being sorted through Pittsburgh (in the western part of the state). Meaning it went on a truck right through the city I live in.

Processed through Sort Facility, May 28, 2011, 12:36 pm, PITTSBURGH, PA 15290
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 27, 2011, 6:50 pm, LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002
    Shipment Accepted, May 27, 2011, 4:07 pm, LEHIGH VALLEY, PA 18002
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 27, 2011

Thats What Im talking about....... LOL
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jus got a box from an order, wtf do they do to these *%^$@#! boxes, looks like they kicked it around for football practice , even the top air pillows were popped but lucky had bubble wrap under that, looking to me like more and more of my orders lately have been opened too,no wonder the pos driver just knocks and hauls ass , use to have good drivers now its a few **** like one box i had a return label on ready to go back and he leaves it here as i knew i had a ups delivery that day as i left it with a note, had to take it to the place to have it mailed myself, lazy pos. imageimage
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Just got an order in today!

Shipped/Billed On:06/8/2011
    Delivered On: 06/17/2011 11:03 A.M.

WOW!!! At least they have aged a bit now...LOL.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I think it's something with that PA warehouse. I have great service from every carrier but I have seen some long delays in my orders from CCOM which go through PA. There's a flea in the system!

JDE
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I think it's the PA warehouse. I use all services somewhat regularly and I never have any trouble with them but I've noticed that ordering from CCOM via the PA warehouse has introduced delays that I've never seen before. PA warehouse?

JDE
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can specify Priority Mail when you order. I finally gave up on UPS, myself. That bit about sitting in their warehouse until your regularly scheduled delivery day is right on.

Marty

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I guess I can toss in my own gripe about UPS... so, couple weeks back I order up two of those bomb PDR DD's (the 20sticks for $30 one). A week and half later, they're due to arrive at my door. I know I'm gonna be gone all day, and UPS normally (supposedly) delivers packages to my apt. management office. Just to be safe in case he came to my door, I left a note saying "UPS Please deliver package to Management Office - they hold packages". I come home later that night to find a UPS delivery sticker on my door saying "it's on your patio". The kicker? I have a 6ft fence around my patio - the fúcker threw the box over the fence into the patio, along with my note.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    I guess I can toss in my own gripe about UPS... so, couple weeks back I order up two of those bomb PDR DD's (the 20sticks for $30 one). A week and half later, they're due to arrive at my door. I know I'm gonna be gone all day, and UPS normally (supposedly) delivers packages to my apt. management office. Just to be safe in case he came to my door, I left a note saying "UPS Please deliver package to Management Office - they hold packages". I come home later that night to find a UPS delivery sticker on my door saying "it's on your patio". The kicker? I have a 6ft fence around my patio - the fúcker threw the box over the fence into the patio, along with my note.
    Did it land right side up? He must practice that often.
    Hays:

Hence UPS to California......... SUCKS!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    THAT is fugged up right there brother. I've never heard of such nonsense.
    fucin ups! my box that came that was just left in the 100 degree heat and no knock, image
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, UPS (pronounced 'Ooops! in my world) really sucks, BIG TIME!

That's why I specify 'Priority Mail' with all my orders. I'm not a fan of the postal service but at least I get my packages promptly and usually in good shape.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    MTuccelli:
    I have no problems with UPS or USPS, I use them both for my business and personal purchases. On the other hand Fedex all seems to drive over my packages a couple of times before dropping it off.
    +1 i hate fedex they always mess up or take longer. as far as ups never had a probleam and usps only have probleams but with the regular mail never a package
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Placed an Order for a DD the other day ...... Didnt arrive in the normal 3 days..... Then i checked the Delivery Confirmation.... UPS! .. scheduled for delivery Next week....... I HATE FREAKING UPS..... PACKAGES ALWAYS DAMAGED, ALWAYS TAKES FOREVER TO GET HERE , THEY SIT IN A WHEREHOUSE FOR DAYS BEFORE COMING TO ME, THIS ONES BEEN SITTING IN A PA WHAREHOUSE FOR 3 DAYS ALREADY...... FRAKING PISSES ME OFF ! IF IT ARRIVES ILL BE SURPRISED!
    I feel your frustration, and agree with the CAPS. When I was in Iraq it took less time for me to get an USPS order out there, then it does for UPS to go from PA to Omaha, Nebraska. Can't flippin believe it and I severely dislike them and willing to pay a buck extra.
    Thewelder:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I feel your frustration, and agree with the CAPS. When I was in Iraq it took less time for me to get an USPS order out there, then it does for UPS to go from PA to Omaha, Nebraska. Can't flippin believe it and I severely dislike them and willing to pay a buck extra.
    + sending to apo's addys etc is just like a domestic mailing
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    It's crazy how different of experiences we get with different handlers in different areas. I for one can't stand UPS (talked about it on another thread in pretty good detail), but USPS on the other hand has been nothing but awesome for me. ccom was able to help me change over to USPS for shipments placed with sales through email, so you may be able to get a similar fix.
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    My last order came through USPS, made it half way and was redirected for an unknown reason. Finally arrived a week and a half later, a day after CCom sent me a replacement order through UPS.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Both work pretty well for me. UPS takes about 1 day longer but rarely messes anything up.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Well not to add fuel to the fire but I'm not a fan of UPS either. My last order took a week, and to top it off it sat on my door step until I got home from vacation. Over all time to have them in had was over 2 weeks. Have a feeling my $25.00 investment just got wasted. Best part it was in the upper 90's and a few 100's that week.

As pissed as I was, I placed em in the humidor to see if they will pull out of it. Not going to have high hopes but one shall see.
    My last experience was a box of the Est. 1844's. Hopped around the west chunk of the country for a good 13 days before finally being delivered. They seem fine, though they're staying in a box by themselves for a good while until I'm very sure beetles aren't a concern.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    UPS comes into my subdivision, rides by my house (where I'm standing in the driveway, smoking a cigar), and rides straight past me, OUT of the subdivision!!!

all the while, my pgk status says "out for delivery"

AAAGGGRHHHHHH
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    BigT06:
    UPS comes into my subdivision, rides by my house (where I'm standing in the driveway, smoking a cigar), and rides straight past me, OUT of the subdivision!!!

AAAGGGRHHHHHH
    This is funny.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Marker:
    BigT06:

AAAGGGRHHHHHH
    This is funny.
    No it's not! The pkg is from you! LOL
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    LOL, that has happened to me before. Of course its not funny at the time. I have recently had UPS change the home delivery to delivery to the post office to deliver. Very odd. Took an additional day to get some cigars to me.
    UPS just did the Same Damn thing to Me! OUT FOR DELIVERY....... Washing my Car in the Drive way Drove right By me....... I HATE UPS and My Shipping on My account SPecifacally says NO UPS or it should ... I am losing patients with that Crap!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ups does blow. usps even though I've had some issues their right down the street so worst case I can pick what ever it is the next day. ups however, I have had so many problems with them and the latest issue with a cpu was freaking retarded. I hate them, oh and their customer service sucks too, though I did have a local manager call me back and worked with me, still it was a 2 hour pain in the butt.
    It's ironic. I've been cursing UPS and then suddenly, they deliver a package on the right day before 9AM. I rarely see them before 5PM. I'm sure this was just a one time thing to keep me guessing, but still, I'm intrigued.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Can someone please tell me why my UPS package sat in a UPS warehouse for two days untouched when it needed to go across country? Ordered early morning on 8/31 and it didn't move until Sept. 2. Really UPS?