Home Cigar 101
Options

What is the difference between…

SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
…a perfecto, a figurado, and a salomon? Are these terms interchangeable in referring to a cigar with two tapered ends?

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I could be wrong, but I think a perfecto and figurado are the same thing - both ends tapered/same size, bulging middle. Salomon is typically 7" long, with a fat foot, like 56 or so and tapered/smaller end, like 50 or so - that much of a difference
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Figurado is anything that is not a parejo (straight sided, rounded cap), so a torpedo, salomon, diadema, belicoso, any of those are all figurados. A perfecto has two tapered ends. A salomon is a particular shape and size, 7.2x57, technically, two tapered ends, and the foot larger than the head:
    (Cuban Partagas Salamones)

So a torpedo is a figurado, but not a perfecto or salomon, but a salomon is both a perfecto and a figurado. The old every square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Figurado is anything that is not a parejo (straight sided, rounded cap), so a torpedo, salomon, diadema, belicoso, any of those are all figurados. A perfecto has two tapered ends. A salomon is a particular shape and size, 7.2x57, technically, two tapered ends, and the foot larger than the head:
    So a torpedo is a figurado, but not a perfecto or salomon, but a salomon is both a perfecto and a figurado. The old every square is a rectangle, but not all rectangles are squares.
    Ding, ding, ding. Give this man a stuffed animal.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i always thought of a salomon as the perfect cross of a pyramid and a perfecto. its a good shape.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    So that little nub on the end when you finished is a , heehee, smoked salomon?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    So that little nub on the end when you finished is a , heehee, smoked salomon?
    You are a sick individual! Thank you!
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Thanks guys, very informative.