Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Lost City

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
Local B&M in the city I'm in right now, Baltimore, is selling the Lost City for $29. Go for it or ?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Haven't tried one yet, but Alex posted a video review up in the bloigs, if that helps. Nice to hear from you, by the way. How are things?
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    They're good. $29 good? Meh. Sometimes it's just about the experience and being able to say "yeah, I tried that one." I have a few more since I purchased 3 or 4 at once at a good price. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be chasing down too many more.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    That's about what they go for on here. No clue if it's a good price or not, but I wouldn't feel like I couldn't walk away from it I guess.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Haven't tried one yet, but Alex posted a video review up in the bloigs, if that helps. Nice to hear from you, by the way. How are things?
    Not too shabby man. I'm going to throw a little something up in the Non-Cigar. I don't want to get into to much in the cigar threads :)
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    They're good. $29 good? Meh. Sometimes it's just about the experience and being able to say "yeah, I tried that one." I have a few more since I purchased 3 or 4 at once at a good price. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be chasing down too many more.
    Yea thats what I was thinking. I hate to have a $29, Yea I tried that cigar ...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I love them. I have half a box from this past year's release. Going to save the rest of them for a few years to let them further develop. They are very different from the regular Opus X cigars. Very little of the heavy spice present, though the raisin like fruit is still present, along with a thick, dark, oak sweetness.
  • Options
    Doc thanks for the review, you confirmed for me that this cigar is not for me. The spice in the regular Opus X is what I like about it. Without that the other flavors in it aren't my cup of tea.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I love them. I have half a box from this past year's release. Going to save the rest of them for a few years to let them further develop. They are very different from the regular Opus X cigars. Very little of the heavy spice present, though the raisin like fruit is still present, along with a thick, dark, oak sweetness.
    this is what i keep hearing about them... a tamed down version of OpusX. half the reason i like the original is the power behind it. it makes them age better. the lost city i presume will not age the same. good or bad, i am unsure of.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    this is what i keep hearing about them... a tamed down version of OpusX. half the reason i like the original is the power behind it. it makes them age better. the lost city i presume will not age the same. good or bad, i am unsure of.
    Well, they are already 6 years old or whatever, which is likely where some of the "tame" character comes from.