ccom sampler

13»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Agreed joz.
  • Options
    sackermasackerma Posts: 45
    hey i got some of these a while back and i didnt care for the purple at all but the red was the one that hit my fancy. it had a good draw and it was pretty consistant all the way through.. good smoke for the price.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Just had my first ccom red label last night...I really enjoyed the cigar. Great draw, burned evenly and all around great smoke..Dont' want to jump the gun..but already thinking about purchasing a box. In the box with the sample pack that I got, was a 20 sampler pack of 5 vegas 5..what a deal...just reading other threads makes me want to buy them
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm just as picky with cigars as I am with food.  So far the only ccon label I like is the brazilian.  I have smoked a minimum of 4 of each and they don't do anything for me.  Granted they are cheap but the brazilian label is really good for being really cheap.  I may try them again in the future just not ready now.  For a cheap cigar, I like the fuente curly heads.  Less than $2 and taste great!
  • Options
    I had the red label yesterday, and was very pleased with it. Typically, I don't care for full-bodied smokes but this was not overpowering, and it has only been resting for about 5 months. It also had some very white ash, which is always a nice judge in character/quality.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jlzimmerman:
    It also had some very white ash, which is always a nice judge in character/quality.
    i think this is a commen misconception. the ash color is determined more by the soil its grown in than the quality of the roll or how good it tastes. the grurkha regent is one cigar that i really love and it almost never has a white ash.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And to further that point, don't a fair amount of Cuban cigars produce a dark, almost black ash?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the cubans ive had all produced a medium grey ash.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Typically the cubans I've had have salt and pepper ash. but Capt could probably speak best to this.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've been meaning to try these for some time now, especially the red label. I'll have to order the sampler with my next order..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    You guys are probably right about that one.... of the few Cubans I've had, I recall a semi dark grey ash.... I've heard of some producing a very dark, charcoal ash, don't know if it's true or not.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I had the Corojo last night and enjoyed it. If you like spicy, you'll probably like this one.