Home Cigar 101
Options

The Pros and Cons of Maduro

2»

Comments

• Options
    Everytime I come to this forum, learn something new. I am really glad that you all share your knowledge here. You guys give me all the excuses I need to buy myself more cigars. Now I need a larger humidor. Like I said, you gave the excuses and I did the buying. One thing I got was this: Majestic Maduro Super-Sampler includes 12 cigars: 4 - Graycliff 1666 Torpedo (6” x 52) 4 - Padilla Obsidian Belicoso (6” x 54) 4 - 5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Archetype (6” x 50) The price was right so I grabbed it. I do have a Vegas A and Graycliff in the humi but I was saving them and aging them, now I can smoke one and see what all the maduro fuss is about. I am stoked!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    You wont be sorry. I love maduro cigars. If given the choice, I will choose maduro over a non-maduro 95% of the time.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    dtrdwngs:
    One thing I got was this: Majestic Maduro Sampler

ROFL!!!!!
    I have one of those on the way, yeah the price was right, picked it up on c-bid for 25$. Also try the Onyx and Gurkha Doble Maduro oh and the Oliva G Maduro, All outstanding maduros in my book!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    all this maduro talk .....wonder if the neighbors would think I had lost it if I were on the back deck ,temps in the 20's, burnin' one around midnight.....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Swear you can read minds Gene, I'm grabbing my last Onyx and hunkering down outside under the umbrella, it's raining.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'm either going to have to light one or go to bed!!!LOL
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Every now and then I'll read something that suggests AVOs are all really pricey, but that just hasn't been my experience. The Domaine, which is what I buy, is about $7-8 each, which is in the same range as loads of other cigars.
    I agree.. I have always found AVO to be well worth the reasonable price of $7-8, and they are cheaper now than they were ten years ago when crap sold for ten bucks a stick..
    Yeah, I remember when maduros used to cost that much back during the cigar boom of the 90's. I think part of the reason I still hear people say that a maduro cigar looks to be strong is because the cigar companies back then would rush the maduro process (to get the cigars to the market faster) and end up putting cigars on the market that weren't aged properly, and when that happens, the cigar has more nicotine/tar and which makes the smoke harsh. The first Maduro cigar I had was a Macanduo Maduro. These cigars are flawless and great flavor, I also love how it has a nice oily sheen on the cigar in my humidor.

"Long ashes my friends."