Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Pitbulls: The Nanny Dog

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Ok so Pit's get a terrible rap as we all know. As some of you know my fiance and I have one and her 7 yr old son lives with us. I found this article and this is just awesome! Pitbulls as a nanny dog...love it! Link below picture of my dog, as you can see he's vicous:

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/pit-bulls-surprising-past-nanny-dogs-195612543.html

Comments

• Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I think dogs are kinda like children in the way the are a product of their enviroment.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I actually have an Antebellum Bulldog (read: PIT BULLS are not allowed on post, so I have an Antebullem), and he is the most gentle, loving dog I have ever known. They really do get a bad wrap, completely uncalled for. Because they are used in dog fights by f*cking soulless assh0les, doesn't mean all pits are insane killers.

@ Western: I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I actually have an Antebellum Bulldog (read: PIT BULLS are not allowed on post, so I have an Antebullem), and he is the most gentle, loving dog I have ever known. They really do get a bad wrap, completely uncalled for. Because they are used in dog fights by f*cking soulless assh0les, doesn't mean all pits are insane killers.

@ Western: I couldn't agree more.
    +1, to both! Tony let's see some pics!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Old quote - "The dog is the god of frolic"
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The right dog is the best child protector ever.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That dog looks like a real killer enfidl.Smile [:)]

It always saddens me to see animals of a certain breed vilified in the way Pits are, I have a large soft spot for dogs in particular and I hate to see them in bad situations because they can do nothing to change it. And it's for that reason that I have a deep loathing for all the ignorance and cruelty towards animals that exists in this world.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty smart dog that can tie a windsor knot!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    And run a bath...
  • Options
    Obi is really Jennifer's dog, but he is cool as all hell:

And his favorite napping place when he was a puppy:

Bruiser here is my dog, he's my boy:

Here they are together:

And this one wasn't too long after we got Obi, Cadence was like 2 months old:
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    The pic with Cadence is classic.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love Pits. If they are raised properly, they are no more "dangerous" than an ankle biter. Unfortunately man has built the bad reputation for them and they can't do anything to stop it. That's why I really like people like Shorty Rossi.
  • Options
    Lakota72:
    I absolutely love Pits. If they are raised properly, they are no more "dangerous" than an ankle biter. Unfortunately man has built the bad reputation for them and they can't do anything to stop it. That's why I really like people like Shorty Rossi.
    And Cesar Milan and Brandon Bond. Brandon Bond isn't too well known outside of the tattoo community, but he is one of the most succesful artists/business owners there is within the tattoo world. He does a HUGE amount to help rescue pits and spread awareness.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    It's the pits with two assh*les that you need to watch out for and that give the others a bad rep.

The one God gave 'em, and their thugee owner.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    It's the pits with two assh*les that you need to watch out for and that give the others a bad rep.

The one God gave 'em, and their thugee owner.
    +1
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    That dog looks like a real killer enfidl.Smile [:)]

It always saddens me to see animals of a certain breed vilified in the way Pits are, I have a large soft spot for dogs in particular and I hate to see them in bad situations because they can do nothing to change it. And it's for that reason that I have a deep loathing for all the ignorance and cruelty towards animals that exists in this world.

Amen Joe Amen !!!
  • Options
    Tony your dogs are beautiful brother! That last pic is priceless!!!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    You've got a handsome boy yourself there brother. I love dogs in general, but am especially fond of German Shepherd mix-breeds and pits. Also Boxers, but I don't have one of those, lol.

Just noticed, but you also have my taste in booze, Cpt Morgan's and JW Black, lol. Nice.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    ENFIDL:
    You've got a handsome boy yourself there brother. I love dogs in general, but am especially fond of German Shepherd mix-breeds and pits. Also Boxers, but I don't have one of those, lol.

Just noticed, but you also have my taste in booze, Cpt Morgan's and JW Black, lol. Nice.
    Thanks brother I love dogs too. German Sheperd's and Boxers are such great dogs. I wanna get a Doberman too, always been a big fan of them as well as pits.I do love me some Cpt and JW Black. I'm gonna try out The Kraken soon, I'm gonna pick up a bottle next week. Can't wait!
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    YankeeMan:
    And run a bath...
    What can I say, he's got mad skills! lol