Home General Discussion
Options

Amish puro

ljlljl Posts: 819
My Dad is a bit of a junk collector. He'd been at it for a few years and decided it was time for an auction. Basically he was clearing out his entire stash. In some ways this was worse than moving. In order to get a project like this done you need to get all your able bodied friends and family to help. Several of Dads running buddies are Amish. Seems to me like the Amish always do things as a family. Kind of toughto say how they are related(brother, uncle,gpa,etc.). One thing is clear, the eldest calls the shots. During the loading and unloading I noticed ol' Gpa Amish (Noah), lighting up a few single leaf puros. One thing great about the Amish is you can always do a good bit of trading if you know them. Naturally I wanted to see what that smoke was all about. So I switched out a puro authentico for one of his puros (grows,ages,rolls himself). While I now see why we're not all lighting up WI backwoods homegrown single leaf puros, it was still a cool expirience and one I thought I would share with you fellas. Pretty harsh, but he didi seem to have age and constuct it well.

Like any good cigar trade the best part was that it really opened him up. He started sharing all these hilarious stories about stuff that he did with Dad over the years, stories I never heard before. It really got me to see how he and Dad had made such good friends. As usual it became less about he smoke and more about the company it was shared with.

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's a pretty awesome story man!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Amish rock!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    that is awesome. great story!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    The Amish be smokin, werd to the Amish
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I think those times make the cigars the best! A memorable/enjoyable moment can make a cigar sometimes. Cool story! I always fish for the embarrasing stories with old timers. They tell you the funny stuff that your dad or grandpa never would!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Thats cool man. Thats a cigar you'll never forget.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    RUM-SPRINGAH! (spelling?)

But anyways, that's a fantastic story... My future father-in-law also smokes cigars.... Cherry flavored cigars that are nasty and cheap... I wish he was Amish
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, I really think we could learn a lot from people who lead a simple life
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Awesome story. This makes me wonder tho,

I live about an hour away from pittsburgh, and I'm pretty close to Lancaster, Pa. Lancaster I believe is where the Pennsylvania Broadleaf maduro wrappers are grown, one of my current favorites.
    Anyways Lancaster is also a big-time Amish area, I wonder if the amish grew the PA Broadleaf wrappers or if its just coincidence.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I have wondered about the Amish and the PA Broadleaf myself. That would be an interesting connection. I LOVE the PA broadleaf myself...just smoked a 5 Vegas AAA the other day with 9 months on it and it was awesome...made me want to get more!