Home General Discussion
Options

Recommendations

I just recently started smoking cigars and I really enjoy the medium bodied type. Any suggestions to furthering my experience with these types of cigars?

Comments

• Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Im pretty new also and still trying as much as possible. I tend to prefer the fuller/ stonger stuff, but for a medium a couple of favorites are Man O War Virtue & Ave Marie, got both in a sampler and would buy again.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I really like the Gurkha Ninja XO and Arturo Fuentes (not sure which ones-- they all seem good).
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I started by buying the "Best of 2010" samplers, you can get mild, med or full flavored packs. Or just give CCom a call and they will set you up with something just for you, I'm sure. My usual answer is the 5-Vegas Classic, good med everyday smoke for the price. Keep your eye on the daily deals too, that's a good way to sample a few of them on the cheap and the cigar of the month club is worth a look.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    I started by buying the "Best of 2010" samplers, you can get mild, med or full flavored packs. Or just give CCom a call and they will set you up with something just for you, I'm sure. My usual answer is the 5-Vegas Classic, good med everyday smoke for the price. Keep your eye on the daily deals too, that's a good way to sample a few of them on the cheap and the cigar of the month club is worth a look.
    +1 That's a pretty wide open question as there are so many great cigars that are in the medium body range. So a sampler would be a good way to try a nice variety. These are a couple specific sticks by wrapper that I like in the medium range (I usually gravitate to medium bodied sticks myself):

Connecticut: Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne (maybe on the mild side of medium)

Habano: Carlos Torano Exodus Gold

Maduro: La Herencia Cubano Oscuro Fuerte (although I think this is technically an Oscuro it seems to be classified as a maduro for some reason), Diesel Unholy Cocktail
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    CAO La Triviata, San Miguel, Illusion Epernay, AF Hemingway. Some of my fav. Medium smokes.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t_evan50:
    CAO La Triviata, San Miguel, Illusion Epernay, AF Hemingway. Some of my fav. Medium smokes.
    +1 on the San Miguel (awesome smoke)
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Honestly call or email Tim and tell him what you posted and he'll put together an awesome sampler for you!
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I'm gonna have to pimp the Gurhka Park Ave again, IMO it's a pretty creamy tasty medium and if you call Tim you can get them at a good price.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    I'm gonna have to pimp the Gurhka Park Ave again, IMO it's a pretty creamy tasty medium and if you call Tim you can get them at a good price.
    +1 to the Park Ave, one of my all-time favorites, but I think its a little milder than a medium, no?

On the original thread: you should do one of two things.
    1) Call ccom and whoever you speak to will be amazing and hook you up with a great sampler
    2) Post a couple of your favorite sticks here. "Medium body" is just a bit broad.

Actually, do both. And read more on here. And post more on here. And come back often. And then make more calls to ccom. And get a bigger humidor. And...well you get the idea. Welcome.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    I've always found the Partagas Cifuentes to be a pretty tasty medium stick. Especially for the price.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro is my fav Med smoke...consistently good and not expensive.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    capt mcnerney:
    I just recently started smoking cigars and I really enjoy the medium bodied type. Any suggestions to furthering my experience with these types of cigars?
    I would start off with the CCOM brands. They are very decent, cheap and you can figure out which kind of flavors you like.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fuente, the regular line and if yo don't mind spending some more you can try the Fuente Don Carlos or Hemingway lines. The cigar.com labels might be good to try too depending on your taste. You can get a sampler with all of the blends pretty cheap.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    5 Vegas Classic hands-down. It's a solid smoke with great flavors and falls right in what I consider medium bodied.
  • Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Oliveros Eight Zero