Home General Discussion
Options

real cubans in turks and caicos ?

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
my buddy on his cruise just emailed me and said they would be there tomorrow anyone know a legit spot there?

Comments

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    When I was theta few years ago they were all counterfits
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, the general rule of thumb is in that part of the world, if it isn't at a La Casa Del Habano, it may as well be fake.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Necro-bumped because I was on vacation in the Turks & Caicos this past week and went into a of stores with humidors filled with Cubans. I thought about buying one to smoke there but with all of the tales of counterfeit stogies I've read here I thought the better of it. In any case, the racks all had the same ones--R&J, Cohibas, Montecristos, mainly--but none of them had my favorite Cuban, the San Cristobal de la Habana. So I wasn't all that tempted. 

Interestingly, they did have one dedicated cigar shop, a place called Cuban Crafters Cigars, where they hand roll their own brand of cigars from imported tabacco and sell other brands. I didn't like the look or smell or their cigars so I gave it a pass.  So, essentially, I went overseas to a place where Cubans are legal and didn't smoke a single cigar.