Home General Discussion
Options

Desperate times

I never thought to rolling my own cigars. It isn't easy and who wants to do the hard work, until I met someone who rolls his own. Yes he rolls in cigar wrapper and smokes them, just one twist though. He rolls them out of used cigars. That right folks. The nubs you throw away, busted cigars from the shop, and even the rerolled/rerolled. This guy is about 60/65 yrs old and I witnessed him asking for busted cigars and going so far as asking me if I was done with that. Now that is diehard aficionado right there. I tell you what.

Comments

• Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Reminds me of my college days except that aint no tobacco. LMAO!!!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Reminds me of a bum who picks used butts off the street and relights them. Blech - couldn't stand used/burned out tobacco, much less something that someone else has been jawing on for over an hour. Cigarettes would be a better alternative.
  • Options
    Husker44Husker44 Posts: 172
    I've heard of guys wanting to smoke the entire cigar. They would take the nub and pack it in a pipe and fire it up. Disgusting.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    That is soo nasty, just buy a cheap bundle jeez..
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I would think these would have to taste like absolute sewage.
  • Options
    reminds me of all the homeless people that hang out downtown and go hunting for "snipes"...literally will have pockets full of discarded cigarette butts that have 2-3 puffs worth left on them
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    If he was scoring some broken/damaged sticks that were never lit, that might not be too bad. I imagine if you took a broken Padron Anny and rerolled it could be good, or any number of cigars could be good. I could see asking B&M owners for damaged sticks, however I couldn't roll one with burnt and nub'd leftovers. That would just taste like an ashtray, plus its pretty gross smoking up everyones leftover saliva.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I hate to imagine how bad those cigars taste.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    there is a guy that will come into the my B&M and pick up the butts and finish them off. if he is in there you better not set your cigar down at all. he WILL come over and ask if you are done with it. sometimes people can stop him from manhandling it, sometimes they cant.

i never set my cigar down.

he doesnt come in much since he got kicked out for picking up a guys Davidoff when the set it down to hit the restroom.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I cant believe the owners / managers will let him come in.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    I cant believe the owners / managers will let him come in.
    yeah... he gets kicked out every time he tries to dig through an ash trey. the strange thing is- he always buys something too.

• Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    That is a really strange twist on the story.

I'll take a couple of Hemmingways, a CAO Brazilia and I'll just dig through your trash for a few minutes.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I was thinking the same thing! I know people here have done this plenty with a different kind of plant! Kinda goes back to the cigar/beer thing...most would not pass/share a single cigar between friends, but would take a swig of a buddies beer. Same thing...just different product. Its still gross thinking of all the spit and saliva being resmoked...ugh!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Not to mention relighting a cigar or tobacco is just plain nasty...
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    That sounds absolutely terrible.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I bet hes got a reel purdy trailer.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    there is a guy that will come into the my B&M and pick up the butts and finish them off. if he is in there you better not set your cigar down at all. he WILL come over and ask if you are done with it. sometimes people can stop him from manhandling it, sometimes they cant.

i never set my cigar down.

he doesnt come in much since he got kicked out for picking up a guys Davidoff when the set it down to hit the restroom.
    damn cigar scavengers!

"Long ashes my friends."