Home Cigar 101

Spanish Cedar for fridgeador

ChevyChevy Posts: 61
I am looking to upgrade my fridgeador and cant seem to find a place online where I can buy some Spanish cedar. Right now I am storing all my cigars in cedar boxes in a 32 bottle wine cooler. I would like to either line the fridge with the cedar or at least make shelving or custom trays to stabilize the humidity. If you know of where I might come across some that would be great.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    well.... i think Woodcraft stores sell spanish cedar.  Im not sure on the dimentions though.  there are sites (and cigar.com may be one of them, im not sure havent checked in a while) that sell trays made of spanish cedar.   If Cigar.com doesnt sell them (and if its ok by the mods to post the site that does) ill post the site that does.
  • Chevy,

I would suggest going to Wood Crafters, or ask if they could order you some Spanish cedar.

Myself, I just bought a cedar humidor that holds 75 sticks. I don`t have to worry about the humidity or the temperature. Good luck....D

• CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    Most people find storing the cigars in cedar boxes is enough cedar.
    I have heard that crad board boxes can leave a wet paper taste -
    I can't imagine needing to line the fridge with cedar.
    IMHO - find nice boxes!
  • golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    I am with castlecrest...I have used a fridgador for a long time and store cigars in boxes and my humidity is well controlled without cedar lining or cedar shelves. I use a cigar oasis and beads.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Thanks for all of your help. I acctually just came across someone that is going to make me custom size cedar trays for my fridge. I think it will make it look a bit nicer. I will post pics once they cone in
  • I love it when the stars align. Chevy, check out page 32 of this month's Cigar.com catalog. My setup keeps my fridge very stable, you can see the temp/hum at the bottom on that hydrometer. If a setup like that interests you, I got those trays from CheapHumidors.com.