• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Miami
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Well played.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Homework assignment for you ... find better beer.

I am not a cigar snob but I am a beer snob. If I can see through it, its not beer.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:

I am not a cigar snob but I am a beer snob. If I can see through it, its not beer.
    i love you, man.

I say that all the time.

been on an IPA kick as of late. not sure why. but im running with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    madurofan:

haha, was thinking the same thing. I'm a huge beer snob but have no problem drinking coors light at the river when it's 105 degrees.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:

i love you, man.

I say that all the time.

Green Flash IPA and a cigar go together very well, IMO.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    If you put olives in a PBR it becomes a white-trash martini, and you can't see through it so it's legit.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    If you put olives in a PBR it becomes a white-trash martini, and you can't see through it so it's legit.
    ... and then you throw up.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    kuzi16:
    bigharpoon:
    ... and then you throw up.
    Throw up might go good with a Pabst but I'm not so ure with a cigar, Kuzi
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Find the nearest hipster and offload your supply of PBR on them, then use that money to buy more cigars. Everyone wins in this situation.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    When I'm in the mood for PBR I tend to find that the best pairing if said beer... is ANOTHER of said beer...

God gave ya two hands... be a shame to disrespect him like that
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Hey now, don't hate on the Pabst. I'd take a delicious, hoppy IPA or pale ale over a PBR 9 times out of 10. But sometimes, nothing hits the spot better on a hot day than an ice cold PBR. Brewed by men, for men (I just made that up).

Besides, would you dare disagree with Dennis Hopper?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeWUXV89w0g
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    y2pascoe:
    Find me a cigar that pairs well with Pabst Blue Ribbon

Good luck!
    Just saw this thread, and the answer is so obvious I cant believe nobody has thrown it out there yet - Black N Mild! :-)

NEXT!

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Anything by Victor Sinclair..... The nasty bitterness of both will cancel each other out.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    y2pascoe:
    Find me a cigar that pairs well with Pabst Blue Ribbon

Good luck!
    DSC_0002
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:

i love you, man.

I say that all the time.

I was on one for a long time but I've burned on them a little just from over doing it. I was on a Stout kick Winter and Spring but now its too Effing hot for anything that thick. I'll been playing with some craft Lagers, Raisons, etc. Nothing wrong with a summer ale either.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    madurofan:

HA, I actually go for the exact opposite in terms of beer. I almost exclusively drink beer you CAN see through (guinness and some lighter IPAS like sierra nevada being the only exceptions), but that just because I like the lighter taste or lagers (american stlye and not) and pilsners better than the heavy ales and stouts. some of thheavier stuff just tastes like carbonated molases to me. A good buddy of mine is a hard core home brewer so I fully respect good quality heavy full bodied beer, but its just not my thing, unless its cold outside and I'm only having one.

In terms or pairing with PBR . . . . Its thirst quenching, go with something spicy and full bodied thats not a super premium, and the PBR might act like a palate cleanser between puffs.