Home General Discussion
Options

The Ultimate Maduro

Gentleman, After several months of searching and sampling many of your recommendations, I think I have found my all time favorite. There are many great maduros I have sampled, but I must say the Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 is unbeatable. Wonderful strong but slightly sweet full bodied flavor. The Toro's are good as well in the triple, but you haven't lived until you light up an 11/18. Comments or other recommendations most welcome. Not cheap by any means but worth every penny.

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Armada; Oliva Master's Blend; AVO; Padron maduro's. CTM is a good one, but for the money, I feel there are better ones out there.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I was with you right up until the 11/18 part...for me, the best Camacho TM is the robusto. Great pick though. Although I might just have to revisit the 11/18 now...:)
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I love the Triple Maduro robusto, other Camachos, not so much. It's the only one I've ever smoked with a good draw.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the Nica Libre yet? I get that same "dry" kind of taste from them as I do from the Camacho triple maddy, and it is much cheaper.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I had a macanudo vintage maduro... it screams maduro I think it may have been maduro filler and binder lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JSR:
    Gentleman, After several months of searching and sampling many of your recommendations, I think I have found my all time favorite. There are many great maduros I have sampled, but I must say the Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 is unbeatable. Wonderful strong but slightly sweet full bodied flavor. The Toro's are good as well in the triple, but you haven't lived until you light up an 11/18. Comments or other recommendations most welcome. Not cheap by any means but worth every penny.
    yes.
    to everything you said.

the only maduro i can think of that has the same level of awesome is the Davidoff maduro. it is a very different animal but on the same level.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I have a figurado waiting for me in the Humi.... Gonna let it sit a spell, but now I'm more excited!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I'm a maduro fan and I'm going to have to give this one a shot.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Oliva Master Blend III
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    CTM 6X60, Anejo, Padron 1926/64/Fam Res....
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Im like the spokesmen here for the following cigar, but I will again maintain it is better than the Triple Maddy and almost half the price--------A. Turrent Triple Play Puro Maduro.....it is THE stick.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro Robusto or Toro. Then Camacho Triple Maduro...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva all the way. That broadleaf wrapper is KILLER on such a small cigar.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of the triple maduro also. Havent smoked one in a while but this thread is a good reminder for me to grab one. Nice body and complexity IMHO. I still like the PA Broadleaf maduro wrapper best, but there are some other great maduros out there. The Pepin made La Aroma de Cuba is nice for a CT Broadleaf.
  • Options
    Camacho Triple Maduro is a total winner for sure
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this oliva v maddy is quite tasty, i have a triple maddy 11/18 i think ill smoke tommorrow
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    xmacro:
    MOW Armada; Oliva Master's Blend; AVO; Padron maduro's. CTM is a good one, but for the money, I feel there are better ones out there.
    +999999999999 Oliva MasterBlends
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    My ultimate maduro is AF Anejo shark. Great stick.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Krieg:
    My ultimate maduro is AF Anejo shark. Great stick.
    Amen brother.

Recently had a Cohiba Maduro Secretos with a few years on it though... really good. Not a lot of great maduro stuff from the island IMO. There are a few marcas that are made better with the really dark wrappers, but for the most part, I like the oily, red wrappers. The Maduro Cohibas are great though, in my experience.