Home General Discussion
Options

how to find smoking buddies

How do you guys find your smoking buddies? I have no friends who smoke cigars and no b&m's anywhere near me, well I guess there is one but they mostly sell other types of smoking devices and cigs. It is getting boring smoking alone. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm in the same boat as you, pretty much; this may be your best bet: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/294933.aspx
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Make that a third. No friends here who smoke cigars, and the closest B&M is an hour away and not open on Sundays. Every time I do make it down there, it is Saturday in the middle of the day and the place is completely deserted.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, me too. The one friend I've converted lives quite a ways from me and we only see each other on multi-day trips. B&M's aren't very close to me and are too expensive for me to go to very often. I mostly try to find things to do while smoking, putter around in my woodshop, go for a ride in a boat, etc. Sitting still for an entire cigar, can't do it - holy boring.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    A good book can make a world of difference
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    +1...I seem to float between reading, watching cartoons, and drawing. Sometimes cruising the internet too.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Adam Carolla Podcast is a great smoking buddy
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:

This is true, even though I have buddies to smoke with. None of them smoke in the morning and I tend to read a book or magazine while having a fine cigar. Hell, sometimes I put the ipod on and put my earplugs in and zone out my friend.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i got some of my friends into cigars.

we dont smoke as much as we used to, but we stillg et together now and again.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I find that advertisement sells the product, so to speak. Ive met a LOT of cigar smokers who come up to me and go "Oh, you're a cigar guy huh?" because Im wearing a cigar hat or t-shirt, they see a cigar pic as the desktop on my computer screen, etc. If you fly the flag, other cigar guys will find you.

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I find that advertisement sells the product, so to speak. Ive met a LOT of cigar smokers who come up to me and go "Oh, you're a cigar guy huh?" because Im wearing a cigar hat or t-shirt, they see a cigar pic as the desktop on my computer screen, etc. If you fly the flag, other cigar guys will find you.

I find the same with my Pokemon T-Shirt
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Lasabar:
    The Sniper:

Have never been so relieved to read the word "Pokemon" in my life Lassie.... LOL

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Lasabar:
    The Sniper:

Have never been so relieved to read the word "Pokemon" in my life Lassie.... LOL

His Pedi-Bear shirt works as well. ;)
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    xmacro:
    I'm in the same boat as you, pretty much; this may be your best bet: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/294933.aspx
    Join our Skype. We have virtual Herfs. :) My skype name is djbeenie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I've found 3-4 guys from work alone. That was done by advertisement, as stated above. I usually leave the ccom catalog on my desk. I've worked with these guys for a couple of years before I knew they were into cigars. Now we meet regularly. I also netflix movies on the iPod when alone or listen to music.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    The Sniper:
    Lasabar:
    The Sniper:

I don't understand.... I've been called a Pedal-phile TONS of times...

But I Don't even own a bicycle, let alone ride one around town... I don't understand
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    PuroFreak:
    The Sniper:
    Lasabar:
    The Sniper:

I don't understand.... I've been called a Pedal-phile TONS of times...

But I Don't even own a bicycle, let alone ride one around town... I don't understand
    I need a shaking head ...