Home Ratings & Reviews

Sol Cubano Artisian

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on these. Are they any good and worth the hefty price tag or are they more of a gimmick.

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've never had one, but the remarks about them I've seen here haven't been very positive. They seem to have a lot of burn issues, IIRC.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I have had a couple of them, nothing to write home about. But I didn't have any burn issues with mine, it was just kinda bland to me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the last two comments make me wonder/worry about this cigar. ...If its the cigar i am thinkin of.
    barberpole? strange figurado?

both of those would have burn issues if not rolled PERFECTLY. the burn issues could be helped a tiny bit by extensive aging. ...and that may kill a good bit of the flavor.

if its bland to start with... not looking good.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

I wouldn't buy them just because of what I have heard here plus the price-doesn't seem like a good risk/reward ratio to me

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    There was another thread on here about them and none of the comments were very positive. Seems to be more of a gimmick or a weak attempt to compete against sticks like the CAO America
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Which is very surprising, considering this is an Oliva product.

Yes, kuzi, that's the one.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    I had one of these tonight. It was alittle more mild and bland than i thought it would be, but I didn't have all the burn issues everyone talks about, just a a weak draw for the first inch or so. I also cant complain about what i paid to get them (5-pack for $28 on auction), but I definately wouldn't pay $25 for one.