Home General Discussion
Options

Oklahoma events/herf

I know I've seen that a few of you brothers out there are from Oklahoma. So here's a question for you.

Do you know of any B&Ms around here that have manufacturer events? I know of several decent stores in the OKC metro area, but none of them are good at updating their websites (if they even have one).

Also I think it would be cool to get an OK herf going. What do y'all think?

Comments

• Options
    The "Cigar Box" has 3 locations in the Tulsa area and have events every few months...
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    meh I'm 1.5 hours west of OKC so I haven't been to a B&M in like a year.
  • Options
    klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    wwestern:
    meh I'm 1.5 hours west of OKC so I haven't been to a B&M in like a year.
    Yeah, Elk City is a ways out there.

I've heard of those shops in Tulsa but have never been in one. I'm over that way quite a bit so I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the tip there!
  • Options
    where you at kgold? We have a coffee shop here that sells $20 cohiba XV's in the same cabinet as the acids lol.
  • Options
    Ha, that's funny...not sure if I'd purchase anything there. I'm in Norman.
  • Options
    MikeMosleyMikeMosley Posts: 23
    Hey klgoldman, I am in Yukon OK. Tobacco Exchange in OKC is pretty much the only one I shop at now. I know they do events but haven't been to one yet. They had a San Cristobal Selleccion del Sol tasting a week or two ago. Great store, the guys that run it are pretty cool.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks Mike. I've driven by that place many times but never stopped for some reason. I'll definitely check it out now. I'm in Yukon quite a bit too, have some good friends that live that way.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    There is a shop in Lawton, approx 45 min to an hour south of OKC that has some events and a pretty nice lounge. Not sure if you wanted to roll an hour out to go to them, but that's what I have to do here in LA.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    @AlienMisPrint: Your avatar is really freaky dude! Just gotta say... Anyway, I'm stationed at Tinker AFB but deployed right now. I'm glad to gather some intel for when I get back. Any other favorite smoke shops besides the ones listed? I've heard Maker's Cigar Lounge advertised on the radio a lot. Anybody been there? What did you think of it? JDE
  • Options
    Jonathan - I've only been to a couple B&Ms in the area. I live in Norman and visit Royal Pipes & Tobacco here occasionally. I've never asked them about events, but have never seen them advertised either.

I used to go to Maker's quite a bit, however they recently shut down. It was a pretty cool lounge. Great live jazz and blues, good drinks, but their cigar selections was lacking and way over priced...I always took my own.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Maybe that add campaign was a last ditch effort to save the shop. I appreciate a good place to smoke indoors! JDE
  • Options
    Isn't there one in norman called "Louis' Cigar Bar"?
  • Options
    There is a Louie's Bar and Grill which has an indoor smoking area called Louie's II. I wouldn't call it a "cigar bar" though. More like a nicer sports bar. The place is actually owned by OU Football head coach Bob Stoops.