Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Well I lost my job!

So last thing today the pres and VP call me into thier office and tell me I am being let go. Know for those who don't know I worked for a Japaness company. Nothing to do with budget or my work performance they said, they just decided after a year and a half they don't really understand me all the time!!! What the ***!!

They gave me one months pay and won't fight unemployment. So tomorrow I go to the department of labor and try to get something coming in and get the wife on medicad and WIK. First baby due in Aug and our issurance will stop the end of June.

Trying to see the good in this. Work has had me stressed out over the last few months and I got put on xanax a few weeks ago. Just trusting God has a plan and it will work out for the best in the long run.

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    What!!? Dude that sucks, They don't understand you? That is no reason to let someone go. Sorry to hear about this man, praying for you and your family. Yall will get through this.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. Hopefully it's part of God's plan to get you a better spot. Can you continue your insurance coverage with your old job?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Whoa Prayers going out for your family man.

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Damn man.. I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers going out for you and your family bro.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that man. Did you at least yell "It's fried rice you plick!" as you left?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Sorry to hear that man - hopefully you'll find something even better soon.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    rossdavey2:
    Just trusting God has a plan and it will work out for the best in the long run.
    I believe this is the right attitude my brother. Remember - sometimes one door has to close in order for another to open. Will be praying that door opens quickly for you.

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Try to find the silver lining somewhere. Maybe there is something in the mix for ya! Take the time to spend with the wife. It might be nice to hang out for a bit.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Ditch the xanax and enjoy life. Things have a way of working out the way they are supposed to, when they are supposed to.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this, but it is all part of a bigger plan. Things will work put for you.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Sorry to hear that... Ditto on ditching the zanax.
    My dad used the saying "God helps those who help themselves". It basically means "do something about it".
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope things getter better bro. Your family is in my prayers
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to here this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am being flooded out of my job for 8 to 12 weeks but I have it to go back to when the water goes away. Whenever I start feeling bad for myself I have to remember others aren't as fortunate as me. Keep your head up and I know it is hard - I have been there. Stay positive even though it feels like the world is against you. You will make it through this. I was gone the entire 9 months my wife was pregnant with my son. Some soldiers in the desert haven't even seen their newborn kids. You will make it and you might look back on it and wonder how the hell you did but you will. The guys here will make sure you don't go without cigars for sure.

On a side note maybe we can throw together a CCom baby shower to help a brother out?
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Hope it works out and you find a new opportunity, sorry to hear the bad news.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sorry to hear. Stay strong!
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that man, I wish the best for you and hope this is all water under the bridge in a very short time.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Tough break, hang in there. I really agree with those who have already said it....it's tough to see now, but keep your eyes open and sooner or later an even better opportunity will come along.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    That blows hard man.....my thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    Bummer, sorry to hear it bro. I know from experience that this can be a tough situation. Just gotta get back up and dust yourself off and things usually work out better than they were.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Damn bro, sorry to hear this happened. I know it's easy for me to say, but this could be a blessing in disguise. Something will turn up for you, just keep punching bro.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear the bad news bro
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Keep your head up, man!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That sucks. A lot. I hope things work out for you, bro. Who knows? This may be a good thing in the long run. Like you said, some things happen for a reason.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this, but I think you got the right attitude about it so I'm confident you'll make it through. You don't seem like you're about to roll over and quit on yourself and your family anytime soon so that's great to see. Take the time to figure out what and where will make you happy and keep you off anxiolytics and then hit that pavement so hard it cracks!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Thanks for all the support guys. Means a lot when a bunch of guys I never even meet help out with thoughts and prayers.
    working on a few things today, but first thing is to get the wife and baby covered.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Sorry to hear the news brother, I know the feeling. I had to train my replacement from my last job. But you have the right out look on the matter. Things happen for a reason and its funny but things will have a way of working out. As for the new addition that is coming later this summer, CONGRATS! If push comes to shove, can your family get on Cobra if needed?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this happening to you Ross. The samething happened to me and my wife few years ago when I was expecting my first child. We both worked at the same company and when it shut down we were out of a job. We got through it though. Word of advice, if you go apply for medicare, go apply BEFORE you get the unemployment insurance. When we did, they tried to tell us we made too much money for medicare...which was total BS. We lucked out because we talked to someone who actually knew what the hell they were talking about and said they didn't count us as a family of 3, but as a family of 2....so we got qualified...barely. Man, was I pissed when we didn't get approved the first time...paid into this system for years and for the first time I needed help they were gonna screw me. Anyways, baby came and I got a job...I guess my rambling does have a point and that is that will work out, it always does...no matter how bad it seems. I'll be praying for ya buddy.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear this brother, but this will actually lead to a great opportunity. Years ago when I lost my job I was bummed but I got hired in a position with more money and better benefits.
    The good Lord always provides.
    God bless you and your family.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that bro. I lost my job a couple of years ago and I won't lie to you, it was tough BUT everything did work out for the better in the end. Sounds like you have the right idea with unemployment, WIC etc. One thing I would suggest is compare Meidcaid benefits (or whatever you're looking at applying for) with your current insurance benefits - it may be worth it to pay COBRA for a little while and cover your child's delivery that way. Just a thought but I may be way off. Thoughts and prayers with you - hang in there!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear that man! All things happen for a reason IMO. Hope you are ok and find a better job.