Home Non Cigar Related
Options

White House wants new copyright law crackdown

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20043421-281.html

Well another push for the lobbying arm of Washington. Seems as though the GOP wants to strip this country of our safety net, programs we pay into all throughout life, and destroy our "protective" governmental agencies while the dems roll over on most any legislation. I am so sick of the govt. pushing their power on civilians protecting companies. WTF!!!

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Seems Obama is cuddling up to the music and entertainment industry for this re-election campaign. I've got no idea where you're getting "GOP wants to strip country of safety net" from
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Seems Obama is cuddling up to the music and entertainment industry for this re-election campaign. I've got no idea where you're getting "GOP wants to strip country of safety net" from
    lol, ummm, dude you really should stop watching fox.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The only thing I need the government to protect me from is an invasion from another country. Period.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:
    The article you posted is entirely about a White House proposal to make streaming copyrighted material a felony, and to expand FBI wiretapping from monitoring terrorists, to monitoring enemies of the movie/music industry.

It's a proposal meant to cater to the entertainment industry, most likely so he can get more donations from them. It's a proposal at this point, and there's nothing in the article saying if Congress has any appetite for this or not.

I still have no idea where you're reading about the GOP or social entitlements

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    xmacro:
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:
    The article you posted is entirely about a White House proposal to make streaming copyrighted material a felony, and to expand FBI wiretapping from monitoring terrorists, to monitoring enemies of the movie/music industry.

It's a proposal meant to cater to the entertainment industry, most likely so he can get more donations from them. It's a proposal at this point, and there's nothing in the article saying if Congress has any appetite for this or not.

I thought I was the only person that missed it.

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    The only thing I need the government to protect me from is an invasion from another country. Period.
    +100 million. Build your own damn safety net.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:

really? well that's maybe why I said "white house".

well let's see, gop pushing to take away medicare and give seniors sub par vouchers for private insurance companies, pushing to end/severely cut WIC, elderly food programs, trying to do away with a minimum wage, pushing to end regulations on gas/oil companies (if it could get any worse), trying to privatize SS, and the list goes on, on what they are trying to take away from regular citizens and give to their corporate masters. Not that they are solely to blame but they're pushing the agenda.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:

Pheebs man, you're losing it if you can't remember what you wrote just a little while ago

phobicsquirrel:

Well another push for the lobbying arm of Washington. Seems as though the GOP wants to strip this country of our safety net, programs we pay into all throughout life, and destroy our "protective" governmental agencies while the dems roll over on most any legislation. I am so sick of the govt. pushing their power on civilians protecting companies. WTF!!!
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    beatnic:
    yeah, well tell that to the thousands/millions of people living below the poverty line as they can only work at places that pay sub par wages.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:
    phobicsquirrel:
    xmacro:

Pheebs man, you're losing it if you can't remember what you wrote 10 minutes ago

phobicsquirrel:

Well since you always seem to argue with anything I put up, I would think you might at least remember oh I dunno the bulk of what I post or talk about and most of it is how the GOP is pushing for killing what little we as citizens get or have.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Someone swallowed Obamaganda hook, line, and sinker. If something went wrong, even if the Dems or no one is responsible for it, it must be Bush and every non-liberal's fault, huh? Now where's Kanye when you need him to say "Katrina happened cuz Bush don't like black people."?
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ken Light:
    beatnic:
    yeah, well tell that to the thousands/millions of people living below the poverty line as they can only work at places that pay sub par wages.
    Probably too late to do that now, you're right, but someone should have earlier, maybe their parents and school. Instead their government betrayed them by making them pay into the illusion of security and when they fell there was nothing to catch them anyway. Now they know nothing but to look to the same government for handouts. Democrats are more than happy to put a few grains of rice in their hands in exchange for votes that let them spend 1000x that amount on whatever pet projects they want. Democrats feed off of the weak people they created like vampires all under the guise of goodwill.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Hey Phobic, hire any employees lately?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I know, how dare the Republicans propose a program identical to what most seniors already have (and more are very pleased with) that came in under budget and promotes competition among insurance companies and drives health care costs down, rather than leaving them in a program which is going bankrupt and does nothing but help the government drive up insurance costs... Shame on them all.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I know, how dare the Republicans propose a program identical to what most seniors already have (and more are very pleased with) that came in under budget and promotes competition among insurance companies and drives health care costs down, rather than leaving them in a program which is going bankrupt and does nothing but help the government drive up insurance costs... Shame on them all.
    +1
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Would someone please check the water supply in Oregon for toxic vitriol