Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

her Majesty's uk border agency are onto me

just got a letter saying they have seized a package and it will cost me just over 200 dollars to get it.

i wasnt expecting anything, so im assuming one of you guys has bombed me lol

who ever it was thank you very much, and can you pm me or post on here as i need to pm you;)

atb
sol

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Hey brother - I wonder if the package in question was the original CCom turnaround I did for you that never got there??? Will they tell you what the return address is? If it IS the original, it can NOT be any good at this point, I say scrap it!

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    sol1821:
    just got a letter saying they have seized a package and it will cost me just over 200 dollars to get it.

who ever it was thank you very much, and can you pm me or post on here as i need to pm you;)

atb
    sol
    I feel for you Sol. I had one of those letters sent to my forward shipper. They wanted like $280 for me to recover my sticks. Needless to say I didn't. One thing to consider Sol is to find out where it was sent from and then make sure you DO NOT use that address or even Postal facility if you can avoid it in the future.
    For my part I have found that there are a few places in Canada that I do not want my package to enter the country or the package is more likely to be stopped, checked or delayed. Keep your head up Sol, things can only get better from here. I definately feel for you bro'.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Is this a tax that is due when your packages are seized.. and if so , how do they determine the amount owed ?
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    That's aweful, just aweful. Sad thing is, there's people here want to do that to us. Imagine if that happened! You'd pay so much for the cigars in the first place, the extra tax if seized would end up worth paying.
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Hey brother - I wonder if the package in question was the original CCom turnaround I did for you that never got there??? Will they tell you what the return address is? If it IS the original, it can NOT be any good at this point, I say scrap it!

hey Glen, this is the only thing i can think of.
    if it is i dont no what they have been doing with it lol
  • Options
    laker1963:
    sol1821:

atb
    sol
    I feel for you Sol. I had one of those letters sent to my forward shipper. They wanted like $280 for me to recover my sticks. Needless to say I didn't. One thing to consider Sol is to find out where it was sent from and then make sure you DO NOT use that address or even Postal facility if you can avoid it in the future.
    For my part I have found that there are a few places in Canada that I do not want my package to enter the country or the package is more likely to be stopped, checked or delayed. Keep your head up Sol, things can only get better from here. I definately feel for you bro'.
    taxes suck lol

i think it was a package from Glen he sent an identical package a few weeks later and it turned up a few weeks ago. i guess its just the luck of the draw
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Is this a tax that is due when your packages are seized.. and if so , how do they determine the amount owed ?
    about 200 bucks for 18oz of cigars :(
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I will never complain about the ( aprox.) buck a stick tax I pay again..