Home General Discussion
Options

Trim Your Ash?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Puffing after ashing is what I do to. Even if just a half a puff, keeps things moving along. I think getting a great light from the beginning helps most of all.

I've been getting the best results with my eagle torch single flame. It allows for a precision lighting all around the foot face without over scorching beyond the face (black singe and soot on the first 1/2 inch of wrapper is indicative of over scorch). It's sometimes unavoidable if you are lighting in the wind or while driving. It also a much bigger problem with larger lighters and quad flames.

A great start, quick puff after ashing, and not over puffing and heating up the cigar, makes for a perfect burn.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also use a single flame

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon, Frank. I thought you would wade in on how the ash keeps the cherry hotter because it's holding in the heat.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I thought that was a pretty elementary concept, @peter4jc 😁

I noticed that when I ash frequently, I get a nice round cherry at the top of my cigar. But when I let the ash hang on for three or four inches, when I tap it off, my cherry looks like the top of a witch's hat, and I don't feel like I'm smoking any faster.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I also use a single flame

It's a lighter AND a shake weight.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.