Options

Freezing

2»

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    ive heard that about jorge padron before. I also hear rocky patel is the same way. If you think about it, it makes sence: have you ever met a cigar smoker that was an @$$ hole ? ... i havent.
    Rocky is a good guy, a bit loud but a good guy. I've been to two events of his. Unfortunately I have been around a few @$$holes working in tobacconists. We have one in my local shoppe. This guy once decided to inform me I didn't know how to light a cigar because I was lighting it in my hand not my mouth. I just finished lighting my cigar and went and sat out front and smoked it.
    i woulda argued with him on that point. I know more than many people who run shops. A friend of mine and myself were out of town and went to a cigar shop and picked up a few CAO italias. the guy behind the counter said that if i liked the italia was not good and that real smokers like the brazilia better. I told him that i have had it and i didnt like it as much. he then went on to tell me an "insider's secret" about how there was a blend called the britalia. I interrupted then and told him the story of how they came up with that name, the filler the binder and wrapper.
    the guy looked at me shocked and said "i didnt know that"

tobaccanists: DONT MESS WITH ME. I will make you look bad in front of your customers if you put down the cigars i like.

on that note i repeal my statement of all cigar smokers being good guys. MOST are.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea I should've argued wih him but I like the B&M and didn't want it to be awkward going in there you know? That is ridiculous. If the guy had something like"real smokers don't smoke CAO's" I would've just said well typical cigar snob. But to say real smokers smoke Bazilia's over Italia's thats just ignorant. Britalia? When did Great Britain start growing tobacco?
  • Options
    You know I love a good debate and I'll talk crap with the best of them but I at least try to do a little research and know what the hell I'm talking about before I just spew garbage. Thats one thing I love about this board, I haven't seen much that I've looked at and immediatley thought, holy crap thats the biggest pile of BS I've ever seen.
  • Options
    I have seen some gigantic piles of BS on a board thats on the site for a certain magazine thats readers apparently all have private jets and $10,000+ watches.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Yea I should've argued wih him but I like the B&M and didn't want it to be awkward going in there you know? That is ridiculous. If the guy had something like"real smokers don't smoke CAO's" I would've just said well typical cigar snob. But to say real smokers smoke Bazilia's over Italia's thats just ignorant. Britalia? When did Great Britain start growing tobacco?
    britalia is a blend that CAO did to honor the world cup soccer match where italy and brazil were playing to win it all. (italy won). the blend is a bit of the italia and a bit of the brazila. I have not had one but there are still several of the samplers out there with specialty shapes. the sampler had one of each and three of the combination cigars in it. Id love to try one if i got my hands on it.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I have seen some gigantic piles of BS on a board thats on the site for a certain magazine thats readers apparently all have private jets and $10,000+ watches.
    even if i did have that kind of money i would still buy the same cigars that i do now. Its about taste not how "cool" your cigar is.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    You know I love a good debate and I'll talk crap with the best of them but I at least try to do a little research and know what the hell I'm talking about before I just spew garbage. Thats one thing I love about this board, I haven't seen much that I've looked at and immediatley thought, holy crap thats the biggest pile of BS I've ever seen.
    agreed. we just have good people helping other good people. I hope we can keep that up and not get out of controll or have people feel like their opinion doesnt count. Cigars are so personal and so subjective that to tell another that they are wrong about their taste is wrong. If its a factual matter we can find out for sure via cigar.com or vitolas.net or other cigar related sites but thats a different story. Facts are facts. Im just human. If im wrong ill admit it.
  • Options
    Exactly. I would never talk to a persons taste in a cigar.