Home General Discussion

New to Cigars

Im new to cigars and im looking for info on how to pick /find a cigar that i would like. Im a soldier deployed for the 3rd time and have been interested in tring cigars for some time but really not sure where to start. i have been buying habinas here in iraq but they seem a little dry. is there a good site to read up on what to look for when buying , really just need to get better informed than i am now.
ponyup351@yahoo.com

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    just stick around here....in the forums there is a advice section where you can learn everything from types of cigars, wrappers, quality, humidors, humiditiy, and everything in between bro....just stick around my friend...were friend here.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Good to see a fellow brother-in-arms! I am at AUAB.

I would recommend joining CCOM's Cigar of the Month. They send out five QUALITY cigars every month for you to try. The advantage is that they will be top of the line cigars with some variety to them so you can learn what you like without buying stuff you end up regretting.

JDE
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome, and thanks for your service. Stick around here, read the Cigar 101 forum and ask questions. All the info you need is right here. Cigar.com is a great company to deal with, their customer service sets the bar for all others to meet.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    +1 to Joeyjoe. There are guys here on the forum that really have a lot of knowledge. Kuzi is one of them. He writes reviews on the cigars he posts and they are very informative. I have purchased a lot of sampler packs. It helps me to get a variety and then I can determine what I like. All, many of the guys here keep a log of what they smoke and what they thought of it. Welcome to the forum.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    JonathanE:
    Good to see a fellow brother-in-arms! I am at AUAB.

I would recommend joining CCOM's Cigar of the Month. They send out five QUALITY cigars every month for you to try. The advantage is that they will be top of the line cigars with some variety to them so you can learn what you like without buying stuff you end up regretting.

JDE

+1 the cigar of the month is a good place to start
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Watch out for those fake Habanos, they may have dog **** in them, literally.
    Light 'em up.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums, thank you for serving our country. You hang around here with these awesome brothers and you will learn more about cigars then you ever thought! Glad to have you join us.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome brutis, look no further than right here ... Trust me on this one.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Welcome brutis, look no further than right here ... Trust me on this one.
    +1 to that
  • Glad to have you brutis. We all love this hobby and I'm sure you will too.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Lots of great info here. For me, there's a comparison or two to motorcycling, my other great love. Just as each ride is a little different than all the others, so it goes with cigars, which make for an interesting pastime. As well, just as each rider should "ride his own ride", I think: "smoke your own smoke", meaning what pleases you is best
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Welcome aboard. Watch out for those fake Habanos, they may have dog **** in them, literally.
    Do what? !?!?!?!?!?!? Personal experience?