Home General Discussion
Options

Arturo Fuente Cigars

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
No sure what it is but, I just love A.F. cigars. I had a Gran Reserva over the weekend and just loved it. I was over the moon on my first Anejo. I had an Opus X **** that (quite honestly) wasn't as good as expected. I think that had to do with my expectaions and not the cigar as it was good but, I expected it blow my doors off (and it didn't). Still nubbed it though :)

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I think the best thing about AF cigars, for me, is the consistency. You just really can't go wrong with one of their smokes. I had a Opus X Power Ranger last night that was absolute perfection in every sense. I buy boxes of Gran Reserva Maduros pretty regularly that never disappoint.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have not tried the Gran Reserva Maduros yet but the Gran Reserva Magnum 54s (I believe that is correct..) are absolutely great. I had to get a box of these... Very consistent and very good. I have tried the Anejos, each and every OpusX. So far the price and consistency of the Magnums give the very best value and enjoyment. (I feel another box on the way.....)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I still haven't had the Magnums. I need to get on that!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I like the love for a classic cigar brand like AF. I love some of their stuff some is just ehhh but I respect the company, unlike so many others out there today.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    not a regular Hemingway fan but give me one of their super premiums and i'm all over it
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    There is at least one size in every Fuente line that I LOVE. If you couldn't tell from my signature, I am a nut for Fuente stuff. Rosado Gran Reserva Mag 52, Hemingway Signature, Don Carlos no.3, Opus Perfexcion X, 858 Sungrown (and the other 858s too honestly), Anejo 46, Sungrown Chateau Fuente, Casa Fuente Corona Gorda... Forgetting some I'm sure. The other thing about Fuente is that they age really well, all of them...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive been enjoying the Don Carlos line again. thats one hell of a cigar. to me that is was a cameroon should taste like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I've never had an A.F. cigar, what would you recommend for a good starting point? I want to try the Curly Head maduro for some reason. I'm going to pick one up this weekend unless you have other suggestions.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    get the 8-5-8. when you get that, make sure you get it in candela, natural, and maduro. its a great set.
  • Options
    I see more Gran Reserva Maduros coming. I had the Chateau size. What other sizes do (any of) you recommend?
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Arturo Fuente is what got me into cigars, I haven't had a single one I didn't like. I've got an Opus and a Hemi maduro sitting in the humi, and the sungrown line is great as well. Haven't had the chance to try the regular line or the 858s but I'm sure I'll enjoy them.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Love AF cigars! The Best Seller really got me into cigars. AF smokes are consistent and thats what I like about them. Got a whole bunch of them sitting in my humi, smoking them one by one.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I haven't tried them all, but between the Opus, VSG, and the Hemingway I've been pretty damn happy with them. The more of their sticks I try, the more I think they might be in my top 3.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    KCW:
    I see more Gran Reserva Maduros coming. I had the Chateau size. What other sizes do (any of) you recommend?
    My personal favorite size is the Corona Imperial (6.5x46).
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    KCW:
    My personal favorite size is the Corona Imperial (6.5x46).

Thank you. Will try.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I want to try the Curly Head maduro for some reason.
    You know thats a mixed filler smoke right?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    james40:
    The Curly Head is the only Fuentes cigar I would not suggest.. The reason being I feel it is not a fair representation of how good ALL the other Fuentes cigars are. If you see a Montesino, pick that one up.. It is a Fuentes cigar and the first cigar I ever smoked. Still love 'em and visit them whenever possible. Also the Cuban Corona is a winner by me. In fact I find myself a fan of everything in the corona size with Fuentes. If you are more of a novice, avoid the Opus X and Anejo at this time, they may be a bit overwhelming.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    james40:
    The Curly Head is the only Fuentes cigar I would not suggest.. The reason being I feel it is not a fair representation of how good ALL the other Fuentes cigars are. If you see a Montesino, pick that one up.. It is a Fuentes cigar and the first cigar I ever smoked. Still love 'em and visit them whenever possible. Also the Cuban Corona is a winner by me. In fact I find myself a fan of everything in the corona size with Fuentes. If you are more of a novice, avoid the Opus X and Anejo at this time, they may be a bit overwhelming.

I co-worker gave me a Montesino Robusto. I am really excited to try that one based on his recommendation.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    james40:
    I've never had an A.F. cigar, what would you recommend for a good starting point? I want to try the Curly Head maduro for some reason. I'm going to pick one up this weekend unless you have other suggestions.
    PM sent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    kuzi16:
    get the 8-5-8. when you get that, make sure you get it in candela, natural, and maduro. its a great set.
    Thanks man. Noted and wil ltry this.
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    james40:
    Nope, had not clue. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Goldy:
    james40:
    PM sent
    PM replied bro.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    one word... SWeeeeeeTTTT!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of my favorite brands, never had a bad one so far