Home Ratings & Reviews

Patel Bros.

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Anyone had these in the corona size? What can you say about them?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yes I have.. I really enjoyed these a lot . The Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper make this one shine. I would say that the ORIGINAL Patel Brothers is one of my favorite Patel cigars, My favorite being the ORIGINAL Nording. Patel Brothers also has what they call a Patel Brothers Next Generation. The N.G. is okay, but the Original is, in my opinion much much better.

They (Patel Brothers) are full bodied with a constant mocha, leather taste and a pepper on the tongue. It is the closest Patel to my all time favorite offering by Rocky ..The Winter Blend. (Silver and Blue Label from '09). Sadly the winter blend are no longer available. I would say, I liked the Patel Brothers fresh, but six months or more really improves them.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    +1 on that...very good information above and spot on...the original is completely different and better in my opinion also. They are my favorite RP...in fact it is the only one in my humi...two boxes of the Torpedo. I would like to try them in the Toro.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like the Patel Bros.

I had the pleasure of getting a box split from the man himself ROCKY PATEL. I couldn't decide between the 1961 or the original release of the Patel Bros in the torpedo... So Rocky took half of one and half of another and put them both in one box of 1961's and then in Silver Sharpie signed it to me! Again, those won't be smoked for some time, but I do have other Patel Bros and 1961's waiting to be smoked!!!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Love the Patel Bros! Jozer hooked me up with one when I was out in Cali and had it a few weeks later and he was right, it's an awesome stick!
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    For sure my favorite RP stick and the only one I would buy lately. Sad to say the Patel Bros is done for. Ive heard they arent going to produce them anymore. Shame cause thats Patels best blend imo.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Yes I have.. I really enjoyed these a lot . The Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper make this one shine. I would say that the ORIGINAL Patel Brothers is one of my favorite Patel cigars, My favorite being the ORIGINAL Nording. Patel Brothers also has what they call a Patel Brothers Next Generation. The N.G. is okay, but the Original is, in my opinion much much better.

They (Patel Brothers) are full bodied with a constant mocha, leather taste and a pepper on the tongue. It is the closest Patel to my all time favorite offering by Rocky ..The Winter Blend. (Silver and Blue Label from '09). Sadly the winter blend are no longer available. I would say, I liked the Patel Brothers fresh, but six months or more really improves them.
    So, which are the ones available on here? The N.G.?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Love the Patel Bros. Huge fan of the Penn Broadleaf wrapper in general. Never had the corona size though. I recently bought a box of Robustos from the man himself back at the Tobacco World Anniv party. He then came out into the parking lot and starting giving away RP Bros torpedos...got one of those too. The Winter Blend 2009 is what got me turned onto this wrapper, that was a great cigar. RP Bros imo isn't as good as that was, but it's still a great stick....not sure about the next generation sticks. I'm gonna let my box age awhile and see how they turn out. I think the Penn Broadleaf has great aging potential.

"Long ashes my friends."