Home General Discussion

Need some suggestions/help..

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Have a good friend whos bday is coming up. Wanting to get him a box of cigars as a gift.

He likes, as he says, "full, robust flavor, strong" cigars. He likes smokes like the dirty rats and of those caliber. I've got a few boxes in mind, but if any one has any suggestions, please let me know.

I only ask because I dont smoke too many power house cigars and dont know if I'm missing some options.

Here are a few I thought about....just getting one box, which one?

Diesel Unlimited Robusto (20)
Diesel Shorty (25)
Punisher(13)

Thanks fellas!

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    For my money, I go Diesel UC or MoW Runi.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cao lx2, smoked one awhile back and hadnt smoke one since maybe it was when i first started but my head was a spinnin on that one, but diesel is strong and reliable as is the mow's
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    just finished reading about the Punisher and looks like a love it or hate it cigar. Dont want to risk that.

MOW Ruination or regular MOW?
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    If he likes the dirty rat, maybe look at a box of CAO Sopranos edition. If I'm not mistaken, both include the Brazilian Mata Fina tobacco (the dirty rat binder; the Soprano wrapper). I dunno what your budget is though.

You could also go with the Diesel Unholy Cocktail or Man O War Ruination. Both great sticks, in my opinion.

The Punisher falls in that "you either love it or hate it" category. So that one may be a crap shoot.

Good luck deciding!
    skweekz:
    If he likes the dirty rat, maybe look at a box of CAO Sopranos edition. If I'm not mistaken, both include the Brazilian Mata Fina tobacco (the dirty rat binder; the Soprano wrapper). I dunno what your budget is though.

You could also go with the Diesel Unholy Cocktail or Man O War Ruination. Both great sticks, in my opinion.

The Punisher falls in that "you either love it or hate it" category. So that one may be a crap shoot.

Good luck deciding!
    He actually told me he likes the Sopranos cigars. I can swing $100, but dont know how much they go for. I know the Diesel 30 count can be had for like $85
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Diesel Shorty is amazing...

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    PM to you, zeebra
    skweekz:
    PM to you, zeebra
    Got it. Thx
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Diesel Unlimited robo...
    What about the MOW Puro Authentico?
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Diesel unholy cocktail is a decent power house. Not sure why but it seems stronger than the shorty to me.
    This is tough to just pick one...LOL.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Those espana's are not full blown power houses but they're kinda potent and the taste beats the piss out of all the others listed.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Diamondog:
    Diesel Unlimited robo...

I am certain that this is a stupid question, but what does the robo stand for? are you talking about the d.5?
    wwestern:
    Those espana's are not full blown power houses but they're kinda potent and the taste beats the piss out of all the others listed.
    Oh yea! I'm already taking a few of those as well to let him try.
    kevin1323:
    Diamondog:
    Diesel Unlimited robo...
    I am certain that this is a stupid question, but what does the robo stand for? are you talking about the d.5?
    robusto, d.5
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Shorty (25) sounds like a winner or try the MOW Puro Authentico (2) boxes, sweet.
    RCY Cigars:
    Diesel Shorty (25) sounds like a winner or try the MOW Puro Authentico (2) boxes, sweet.
    The MOW Puro boxes are small, only 10 stogies. But both are good choices.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    +1 Those Puro's are no joke. I really enjoyed the one's I've smoked, very spicy and quite a bit of flavor.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    kevin1323:
    Diamondog:
    Diesel Unlimited robo...
    Short for robusto...
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    What about the 5Vegas Miami? I think those are pretty good cigars too!
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    You can never go wrong with MoW Ruination
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    My vote is the Unholy Cocktail, I prefer the regular to the shorty only slightly though. Plus the UC with 6-12 months of age on it makes it even more amazing! I gotta give some love to the Ruination though, it's my fav, but for the money you can't beat the UC imo