Home General Discussion
Options

Buying some cigars. Any suggestions?

This is my preliminary list. I like mild to medium cigars. If anyone has any sugestions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping the 5 Vegas will become my everyday cigar because it's so inexpensive, but I'd love to try other brands. Anyway, let me know. 5 Vegas Gold Robusto 2 ea Cusano 18 Double Connecticut Robusto 2 ea La Aroma de Cuba Monarch 2 ea Gurkha Regent Toro 2 ea Rocky Patel Connecticut Robusto 2 ea Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Robusto 2 ea Oliva Serie V Torpedo 2 ea Macanudo Gold Label Duke of York 2 ea CAO Gold Torpedo 2 ea Gurkha Turk Toro Mazo of 6

Comments

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Buy a box of the Oliva G and Camacho '62 or as many as you can. They are not that expensive, especially the G's. But they are great for everyday smokes, mild to medium but still full of great flavor.
  • Options
    I'm limited in space so I'm trying to sample a variety. I'll grab a couple of each, though. Thx.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The perfecto is, IMHO, the best in the Camacho '62 line. And they don't take up much space. ;)
  • Options
    looks like they're on order here. I don't have the funds or the room for a box. I'll have to keep an eye out.
  • Options
    Shoot me your addy in PM and I'll send you a few. I've got plenty.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Shoot me your addy in PM and I'll send you a few. I've got plenty.
    What's this, the first bomb of the new year? Have you had the 1962 pre-embargo urby? I don't know if it is the pre-embargo Cuban filler in it, or if it is excellent for some other reason, but that one is an awesome cigar...I certainly wouldn't pay the $25 asking price for it here, but it is good nonetheless.
  • Options
    No, I've never had that one, Joe. Just never could bring myself to believe it was enough better than the standard edition to be worth the price.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It is really good, but like I said, I wouldn't pay $25 for it...it's not that good. I think I'd be willing to spend $10-$13 for it, but that's the most I'd drop on it. I've seen boxes of them go for less than $200 I think, was going to get in on one myself, but I just couldn't swing the money at that particular time.

I think I was working towards a point somewhere in there....ah yes, if you can get it for a reasonable price, it's worth trying for sure.
  • Options
    urbino:
    The perfecto is, IMHO, the best in the Camacho '62 line. And they don't take up much space. ;)
    I just had the perfecto yesterday...great smoke for its size.
  • Options
    Check out the one day special from ccom...its a great deal also.
  • Options
    good call. Looks like some pretty good smokes. The robusto is generally the perfect size for me. I smoke alone and outside so anything bigger and I'm ready to get back inside.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    Check out the one day special from ccom...its a great deal also.
    I was going to say the same thing.

Also, I agree about the PE Joe, the only reason tat I got some was because CCOM had a 1-day deal on them that was 6 PEs with a CCOM double flame torch lighter for $75. I couldn't pass that up but I've also given half of them away in. LOL
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I would suggest some Oliva Serie G in the Robusto size. GREAT smoke and a really good price. They are one that I always keep on hand because they are reliable. Also the Onyx reserve! Personal favorite of mine.