Home General Discussion
Options

A Little Late...

dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just realized that I've been on here for a while and I haven't properly introduced myself. My name is Dwayne. I smoked cigars occasionally for many years before getting serious about them a year or so ago. I live with chronic pain from a couple of disabling back injuries and I find that a good cigar helps me escape to a better place, if only for a short time. I've lurked around on here, reading and learning for a while before signing up several months ago. All of you gentlemen (and ladies) provide a wealth of knowledge. I'm looking forward to picking your brains.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard. I find my down time with a good cigar helps my health and wellbeing also.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Hi Dwayne!
    I too find relief from chronic back pain with a good cigar. Too gad it doesn't last too long, but what a good excuse to stock up on sticks!!

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Dwayne. If you like cigars this is the plact to be.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. There are a bunch of really great guys on here and they do know a lot. Got a cooler?
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Welcome to the forum. There are a bunch of really great guys on here and they do know a lot. Got a cooler?
    I don't have a cooler, but I do have a large 300 stick humidor, a small 50 ct (for infused stuff), 3 large rubbermaid containers, and several square acrylic humi-jars. The jars make really nice display pieces...my wife incorporated them into our living room decor.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dbeckom:
    All of you gentlemen (and ladies) provide a wealth of knowledge. I'm looking forward to picking your brains.
    Who you calling a lady? I only put that dress on one time, and it was a triple-dog dare. Big Smile [:D]

Welcome, good to have you.