Home Cigar 101

Herfin'

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Happy New Year to all.  I've only posted a couple items in the past so I'm pretty much a newbie....a newbie with a question.

Every now and then I come across a referrence to "herfing".  I have yet to come across a clear definition of the word, though.  How does one "herf"?  If you're "herfing", what are you doing?  You'd think after a year of trying out new cigars and learning about the cigar culture that I'd know by now what the heck it means, but I can only guess that it has to do with smoking.  But what?

I know there's a bunch of you folks out there who can enlighten me, and I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Marty

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome, Marty.

The first rule of herfing is: you do not talk about herfing.

The second rule of herfing is...

Oh, okay. A herf is just an in-person get together to smoke good cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so.  See, I knew someone out there had an answer for me.  Thanks muchly. 

The answer, tho, leads me to another question.  Somewhere out there I remember seeing an article having to do with a "herfidor"....or is my memory playing tricks on me? 

Marty
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Herfin' ..... isn't that where you have a bunch 'o playboy bunnies and......wait...no...thats Heffin'...my bad

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind heffin'.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    In my mind, one can herf at a herf...an event and action verb

I wouldn't mind heffin' either, but not sure I want to be a heffer.
    Better than being the heffee.

A herfador is a travel humidor. The kind of a thing you might carry several cigars in to a herf. If I'm not mistaken, Herf-A-Dor is actually a brand of same.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Herfin at a Herf is cool, and Heffin at a herf is also cool. And its safe to go heffin at hef's herf because hef doesnt herf with heffers. Not to say heffers cant herf at a herf, heffers just cant herf at hefs herf.
    Does your head ever hurt?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Dude it took me like 10 minutes to type that. ROFL!
  • something that profound should take ten minutes
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    That was a thing a beauty. So when is hef's herf?
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Herfin at a Herf is cool, and Heffin at a herf is also cool. And its safe to go heffin at hef's herf because hef doesnt herf with heffers. Not to say heffers cant herf at a herf, heffers just cant herf at hefs herf.
    LMAO

I was thinking along those lines as I read the thread but you definitely took it to the next level. Well done my friend, well done.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy S__t!!  Try saying that three times really fast.

Thanks for the great answers, guys.

Marty