Home Cigar 101

Should you keep cigars in their wrappers?

e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
Just received a shipment and was wondering if I should take the individual wrappers off before I put them into the humidor or if I should leave them on. I feel they would adjust better in the humidor if they were taken off, but since they ship them that way, I'm not sure.

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I used to remove all the cello from my cigars but I've decided to keep them on. If I ever run into a problem with temp again and do have a bettle problem, the cello would help contain the damage. Also when trading cigars or joining in on a pass, having the cello on is better imo. That way the recepient can determine if they want the cello or not. Humidity hasn't been a problem and my cigars have all smoked great. Its more of a preference...if it seems right...go for it.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I believe this is just a matter of preference. Some keep them on, some take them off, some snip the ends off. I leave mine on.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    I believe this is just a matter of preference. Some keep them on, some take them off, some snip the ends off. I leave mine on.
    pretty much... it doesnt matter
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I love this argument!!!
    I like naked ladies. LOL
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I love this argument!!!
    I like naked ladies. LOL
    So are you commenting on whether or not to "Keep your wrapper" on or off while loving naked ladies???

There's only TWO places to NOT wrap YOUR "Figurado" and that's with the one you love, and at the Bunny Ranch in Vegas (those bltches get tested on the regular)
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever feels right for you is the general answer. Wrapped is better for overall protection from rumaging around the humi and travel if you use a cigar case. When I get a batch I unwrap some and put them in the aging humi and put the wrapped ones in my other storage humi. In my aging humi they don't get disturbed as much and when you open it the smell is grand. Doesn't affect aging or flavor if they are wrapped or not but don't mixed flavored cigars with un-flavored even if they are wrapped. If you do unwrap them save the wrappers in case you need to wrap them later for some reason.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    beatnic:
    I love this argument!!!
    I like naked ladies. LOL
    So are you commenting on whether or not to "Keep your wrapper" on or off while loving naked ladies???

There's only TWO places to NOT wrap YOUR "Figurado" and that's with the one you love, and at the Bunny Ranch in Vegas (those bltches get tested on the regular)

I used to keep a gallon of Sears Weather-Beater latex paint by my bedside. 2-coats. Dip that puppy twice and you're good for the season.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:
    beatnic:
    I love this argument!!!
    I like naked ladies. LOL

Word!

But as others have stated it's just preference. I leave them in the cellophane to protect them whilst I rummage around in the humi
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Same here - my humi is a bit full, and I move sticks around frequently - better to leave them in the cello - that way I won't mess them up!

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    This like almost everything with cigars is preference. What everyone said about the cello being protection is spot on and is why I leave it on. Hell I even save my cello to put it on cigars that don't come with it.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    This like almost everything with cigars is preference. What everyone said about the cello being protection is spot on and is why I leave it on. Hell I even save my cello to put it on cigars that don't come with it.
    x2 , cause sooner or later some you order will come without cello, and all differnt sizes, i put mine in ziplocks and save them for those, i like my smokes visiting with my others but not marrying each other!,lol, i think ccom reps. will agree ,on cellos on, but thats my personal preference to leave them on, specilly if you have infused ones, but cant relly go that route as i dont do infused smokes
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Alot of great points here. I agree, for me, ON is better. I do have a small humi just for ones I recieve which do not have cello. Im extra careful in that humi when rummaging around but like i said its small so the rummaging going on isnt much
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Just figured I'd throw out a vote for cello off here.

It smells so F'ing good in my humidor, and it just looks so right . . . . .

That being said you do have to be a little more careful in there, but its no big deal and compeltely worth the smell to me.

So yeah, do what you want and run with it.
    boydmcgowan:
    Just figured I'd throw out a vote for cello off here.

It smells so F'ing good in my humidor, and it just looks so right . . . . .

That being said you do have to be a little more careful in there, but its no big deal and compeltely worth the smell to me.

So yeah, do what you want and run with it.
    +1 I once suggested that the brownish discoloration on the cello was oils and aromas lost. I was corrected by several here that it was just yellowing of the cello with age.
    Now that I have sticks with + 10 months on them, some of them now show a discoloring of the inside of the cedar wrapper (I leave that on). The line ends at the wrap over on the cedar sheet. This is not due to yellowing with age, or discoloration by light.
    Perhaps it is due to the direct contact with the cigar, but my point (aromas, oils, and flavors exchange) would still be valid.
    just my opinion. I like naked and smelly. Just my opinion.
  • klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    beatnic:
    I like naked and smelly. Just my opinion.
    Are we still talking about cigars here?
    wine, scotch, cigars, woman. They share a commonality. We love to put them in out mouths.