Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Zino Classic??

2»

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I've never had a Davidoff but I'd like to try one someday. I am looking forward to trying the Zino though. I'm sure it's much more mild than I usually go for, but thats ok, I like to change it up now and then.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I had a Zino Classic last night. I didn't like the first couple puffs, but after that it really bloomed with flavor and spice. It had a very good aftertaste and rich smoke. Beautiful construction and even burn. I would have another one of these gems.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    I've never had one, either. I did have a Zino Platinum Sceptre, and wasn't impressed.
    Agreed. Though I will say that with a lower price, it would rank a little higher for me. I thought it had a good flavor profile and it was constructed well, but it costs too much for a fairly average cigar in my opinion.

+1 Also had a grand master and thought it was OK. It wasn't bad by any means, I think I just built it up too much before I had it.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I havent had many Avo, Davidoff, and Zinos, but they are all very high on my list. I really enjoy those smokes because of their non-overwhelming but not mild flavor. I enjoy the power sticks every now and again, but whats nice about the Davidoff experience is that you don't NEED to plan out your cigar experience. It's rare that they make you green or buzz your head. You don't need to drink with them to knock down the spice and you don't need to make sure its still lit or burning correctly. But the taste is still substantial and very enjoyable.

When it comes down to price, I find that Davidoff, Padron, and Cohiba's sticks are maybe not super value, but they are safer "great cigar experience" bets. YOu can have a great cigar experience in the 8-14 dollar range, but its not nearly as guaranteed as the upper ends. Whats worse, hitting 1 for 3 on those sticks? or being 3 for 5 on the upper end sticks? For me, if I have decided that I want a "great cigar experience", I have no problem going for a slightly overpriced stick just so I know it'll be good. I am willing to pay an extra 5 bucks for the security.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    ironhorse:
    I havent had many Avo, Davidoff, and Zinos, but they are all very high on my list. I really enjoy those smokes because of their non-overwhelming but not mild flavor. I enjoy the power sticks every now and again, but whats nice about the Davidoff experience is that you don't NEED to plan out your cigar experience. It's rare that they make you green or buzz your head. You don't need to drink with them to knock down the spice and you don't need to make sure its still lit or burning correctly. But the taste is still substantial and very enjoyable.

When it comes down to price, I find that Davidoff, Padron, and Cohiba's sticks are maybe not super value, but they are safer "great cigar experience" bets. YOu can have a great cigar experience in the 8-14 dollar range, but its not nearly as guaranteed as the upper ends. Whats worse, hitting 1 for 3 on those sticks? or being 3 for 5 on the upper end sticks? For me, if I have decided that I want a "great cigar experience", I have no problem going for a slightly overpriced stick just so I know it'll be good. I am willing to pay an extra 5 bucks for the security.
    While I generally agree with your line of thinking, Padron's regular lines seem like pretty darn good values to me, iron. And there are some extremely consistent "great cigar experiences" to be had for a good deal less than typical Davidoff money. The Perdomo ESV 91 comes to mind; even the segundos are dead on, every single time. The AF Don Carlos is another. The Ashton VSG, too, although that's about the same price as some of the lower end Davidoffs.