Home General Discussion
Options

Does anyone smoke little cigars from tins?

I ordered some tins of smokes because they were so cheap. I started smoking the minis a while back when it started to get cold. That way, I can smoke quickly and not waste a good stogie. If you have smoked these, what brands do you like?

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've found the CAO MX2 daggers to be nice but have a very tight draw. The price is decent and flavor is good. I've also tried the Gurkha G3 tins - good little cigars, but a little pricey for what you get.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    CAO Italia is decent in the tin.

i just dont like the concept of a "quick smoke"
    thats not what im looking for.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Fuente Cubanito's are very good little smokes.
  • Options
    Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real & Macanudo are the ones I ordered in tins. The deal was pretty good so I couldn't pass it up. I hear what you are saying about not liking the idea of a quick smoke but today it was 6 degrees. I am not going to sit outside for 90 minutes smoking a cigar in that cold. Being in the military, I can't just light up inside because it's cold outside. The smaller cigars make perfect sense in my case. Any other reccomendations on these?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've been known to smoke the tin cigars in the winter. All of the CAO's are pretty good but have tight draws typically. Fuente and Cohiba are both ok.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I like the Ashton Senoritas for a quick smoke...in an unrelated development, I'm a fan of senoritas in general.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I like the cohiba's and the cao moontrance is pretty cool smoke-really different in a good way. partagas is good.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like the 5 Vegas Shorty for a quick smoke. All the quality of their larger smokes in a tin sized torpedo.
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I like the 5 Vegas Shorty for a quick smoke. All the quality of their larger smokes in a tin sized torpedo.

I agree with J0z3r on this one. I always have a few of these lying around in case I don't want to sit out in the cold for to long.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    CAO Italia is decent in the tin.

i just dont like the concept of a "quick smoke"
    thats not what im looking for.
    I don't like quick anything, minus shopping with the woman..
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I have a tin of the MX2s and Oliva Gs that are great if you don't have time to sit and relax but still want some flavor to hold you over in the meantime.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Coronas are my short smoke. I'm occasionally tempted to try cigarillos, but haven't followed through on it, yet.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    5 Vegas "gold nuggets" are my favorite short smoke. Good mild to medium body with decent flavor.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I had macanudo from a tin once, my friend gave me one on the ship when i only had a 45 min break from the flight deck(15 minutes of that is dedicated to food!) it was good and just the right length of time. I saw tins of RP 90's in the B&M the other day when i was "v" hunting. I think i'll pick up a tin and see how they are, if theyre good i'll probably bring the to the ship with me. They definatley DO have their place in the cigar world.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    the other day when i was "v" hunting
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
  • Options
    Another little smoke I think is good is one I got from Bad Andy, it's called a Martinez Gold Series bandito. This cigar is a little flavor bomb sporting Dominican, Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers inside a Nicaraguan binder and Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, all that in a 4.5 x 36 package.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Jetmech_63:

I think you're thinking of "y" hunting.....
  • Options
    I am waiting for some 5 Veges shortys that were free with an order I placed. I think it is 5 tins of 8 for a total of 40. Can't wait for all my new smokes to get here.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i personally am not a fan of the shorty.

i have not met anyone else that does not like them though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    urbino:
    Jetmech_63:

I think you're thinking of "y" hunting.....
    VX hunting... I hear that's a crime.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    The RP 90s are good in the shorty size.
  • Options
    Dude Love:
    The RP 90s are good in the shorty size.

That's all i needed to hear!!! i'm pickin up a tin. Thanks Dude!
  • Options
    I have a tin of the CAO Maduros and they're actually pretty good. I was suprised at how much flavor and punch the little guys packed. Great for a quick smoke.
  • Options
    Another small smoke, though not a tin, is the Punch Champion. I'll admit it is not a quick smoke though, I just figured a little firecracker like that deserved some honorable mention. I know Maddy is with me on this one.
  • Options
    brettman:
    I have a tin of the CAO Maduros and they're actually pretty good. I was suprised at how much flavor and punch the little guys packed. Great for a quick smoke.
    Didn't know about these. I may have to try them. I am really trying to give more maduros a chance. I want to expand my cigar collection quite a bit with corojo and maduros etc. You can never have enough cigars.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yea the Punch Champion is great-quite surprising the first time
  • Options
    Another one I didn't know about. Will look into these. Thanks
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Coronas are my short smoke. I'm occasionally tempted to try cigarillos, but haven't followed through on it, yet.
    I have tried Macanudo cigarellos, not bad, but if you're looking for a quick smoke, I would try these and see what u think.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    urbino:
    I have tried Macanudo cigarellos, not bad, but if you're looking for a quick smoke, I would try these and see what u think.
    A quick smoke with no flavor ...
  • Options
    I tried Swisher Sweets cigarillos, once. Don't ask.