Home General Discussion

Don't laugh, but I just "discovered" Padron.

I'm sitting here smoking a Padron churchill. Not a high end anniversary stick, just a plain old Padron. I'm sure I've smoked a few at some point, but probably not for a few years, and I'm sure my palate has changed dramatically over that time.

With every draw, I keep thinking "*this* is the flavor profile I love." I've slowly moved away from most maduros, and while appreciate milder stuff, it always leaves me a little wanting. The profile on this cigar (how would you describe it?) is just perfect for me.

I think I just found my everyday cigar.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I wont laugh, cause I still havent tried one
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Good stick; if you like the natural's, be sure to try it in a maduro; Padron 4000 maduro is one of my favorites
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Right on. I love the the regular Padron 3000 habano, they are just nice every time. Probably what I love most about Padron is the wide variety of vitolas and how different the flavor profiles can be across the spectrum of vitolas.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Padrons are synonymous with AFs, for me. Consistency is a rare quality in the cigar industry. They never disappoint.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    lilwing88:
    Padrons are synonymous with AFs, for me. Consistency is a rare quality in the cigar industry. They never disappoint.
    +1. Only discovered the Padron line about three months ago myself. At this point I have had several of their sticks, and every single one of them has been awesome. Not even so much as a single "decent" or "solid" stick - every stick has been an experience. Make sure to give them all a shot at some point. Some are pricey, but I dont believe you will ever regret what you pay for any given Padron.

• I started smoking about a decade ago, and didn't discover Padron until my girlfriend bought me a box of natural 3000 about 2-3 years ago. I was blown away by how good it was. Like you, I was thinking this is the flavor profile I love. The 80th is by far the best cigar I've ever had, and the regular line is amazing as well. 3000, Churchill, Londres - doesn't matter. They're all fantastic. It's very tough to find them on sale, but the regular line is priced well. Under $4 a pop is a-ok in my book.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    love the delicias maduro. for me, it is hands down the best bang for your buck smoke ive tried. never fails to deliver.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have 3 boxes in my humidor, I never don't have them on hand - and yes that WAS a double negative, lol...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I love Padron cigars. I discovered them a few years ago when me and a co-worker went to denver and I shared one of my cigars with him, when we got back I had a Padron 4000 on my desk waiting for me. I put it in my humidor and it say there for almost 2 years till one day I took it to my cigar bar and smoked it. I have to say I was blown away. From that point forward I was a Padron fan. So much so, I started trying all there sticks...from the regular line all the way up to the Family Reserves/Padron 1926 80th. Never had a stick that disappointed. In fact, I bought a box of the 45 Family Reserves and smoke one 2x a year on my boy's birthdays.

"Long ashes my friends."