wwestern:
    Diamondog:
    wwestern:
    Diamondog:
    xmacro:
    Russ55:
    xmacro:
    Russ55:
    I've stopped shopping at those places in the past few years. I don't think I've been into a Walmart in over a decade. I'm not current enough on my immunizations to go in there anyway. I also hate how stores like this try to offer everything; food, toys, automotive stuff, etc. It's like one big store that you can get everything at. And it's all crap. Crap products for the lowest possible price because so many people are too cheap to spend money on quality products. No thanks.
    WalMart may be a lot of things, but crap products ain't one of them; they sell everything from Vizio's to Sony's and sell upstream and downstream - just depends on your local WalMart. Some WM's in the ghetto only sell crap because the customers can't afford anything else; WM's in high-class area's deck out their stores in upstream stuff.
    I would be surprised if that stuff made up a high volume of their total sales. Who knows, maybe it does. I don't really follow that kind of thing. I'm also not going to argue about matters of opinion, but when I hear the word "Walmart", I think crap. I know not every single product they carry may be a piece of crap, but I'm comfortable enough with the generalization based on the numerous other things I dislike about them; cleanliness, CS, the way they treat their employees, what they've done to mom and pop stores, etc. If you associate quality with their name then great.
    Not sure where to even begin - but you're wrong on just about everything. Their stores are clean, they pay their people better than Target, give them healthcare and train them to move up the organization, they employ the mentally handicapped (how many other stores do that?), and they sell everything from bargain to high-end stuff.

If the only info you get is from people who frequent walmartwatch.com or some union/anti-walmart website, you're going to be misinformed.
    They also like to take life insurance policies out on their employee's and profit on them in their death lol...loved the special I saw on TV, husband and wife both worked at wallmart, wife suddenly one day went in to a diabetic coma and died, Walmart collected $84,000 on her death and refused to help a man in their employ for 20 years cover the medical bills and funeral costs...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate-owned_life_insurance

Not that uncommon helps the company recover some of the costs associated with training and such.
    Yes, I can see they definately needed 84k to cover their costs lol
    Pretty hard to put a value on losing an employee... training, the extra time a new employee takes while getting the hang of things, and hell you might even lose some customers when you lose an employee. Bottom line is they paid for this insurance for this purpose. If you wrecked your car how would you like it if you were villified for collecting on the policy you'd been paying for?
    On the topic of insurance policies I thought this was humorous: http://www.cracked.com/article_15887_the-6-strangest-tales-celebrity-body-part-insurance.html