Home Ratings & Reviews

CCOMS house blends?

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
How are they? I've been toting with the idea of ordering the 24 count sampler. To have with me when I'm working on the boat.

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    Like any cigar it depends on your individual tastes. Personally, some I really like - others not so much. If you are new to cigars its a good way to see what wrappers you like. My personal favs are the brazil, red, sun grown and corojo labels. I know that the jury is out on the last 2 for sure. They are well constructed and as long as you keep them in good order they will burn right for ya'. Hope that helps. At any rate always a good idea to order from CCOM, they do have awesome service. If you call in your order - they can make some good suggestions for ya' too.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks brother , I've always used used the site to order my sticks but from what I've been reading lately it sounds like I should call my orders in so I can get the personal touch.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Brazilian, red, sun grown, all awesome smokes for the money. You wont be disappointed with the sampler.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the brazilian and the red...cant go wrong with the sampler.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    I would recommend calling them up and having them send half in the robusto and half in the corona sizes.
    I've found a few of the blends to be much better in the smaller ring gauge. Especially the red, cameroon and corojo labels.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I would definitely give them a try. You can even put a few years on them, and they get better. Most of them at least. As mentioned earlier, there are some variations in how enjoyable they are depending on the vitola. Get a mix.
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Im a huge fan of the corojo label in the robusto size. I got some sun grown robustos but they weren't for me....for the price its tough to beat them tho!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Love the brazilian and the red...cant go wrong with the sampler.
    I also love the red and brazilian. I have handed out both at the SE herfs

"Long ashes my friends."

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I love the purple label myself, just know it's quite mild. But I dig a nice mild connie sometimes as long as it has enough flavor to keep my attention - the purple does for me.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only had the sungrown and brazillian and i love them, cant wait to try the rest
  • ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Definitely worth buying the sampler.  I enjoyed some a lot and none were bad.  You can form your own opinions.  I believe they are a mix of long and short fillers but they taste good.  Maybe a little mushy feeling at times but good yard sticks..

Does anyone know what the big difference you notice with a mixed filler cigar compared to long fillers?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sampler is the best bang for your buck on the house blends. I personally love the Sungrown, Brazilian, Cuban and Red Labels!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered the house blend samplers they should have a couple weeks in the humi when I get home. Looks like most people like em so I'm looking forward to trying them out.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I need to revist most of the house blends. I really liked the Brazilian and i like dthe sun grown. I didn't like the others but that was probably 5+ years ago.
  • love the red and sungrown....they have a spot in my daily rotation.. will eventually try alll the types, to see how good the other ones are.......ccom did a great job with the house blends
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Sampler is the best bang for your buck on the house blends. I personally love the Sungrown
    Thanks to ENFIDL, I'll be ordering a box of these. It was one of the greatest tasting sticks I have had for the price they sell at.

Most of the blends are nice just to have around just in case you are wanting to smoke something while working outside or just trying to get a quick smoke in.