Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Giants = torture = hot boxing my stogie dang it!

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
Stogie Story Time Kids!
Giants world series champs last year after lots of "torture".
This year - it's even worse.....awesome pitching......no bats.......scratching out wins...and lately......some painful late inning losses.
Tonight was the straw that almost broke my back.
It's been a rough week.......been looking forward to my Friday smoke....a nice medium body Robusto courtesy of alienmisprint (thanks Tony - a great smoke!)

I'm "relaxing" with my stogie and a Stella (hard to relax listening to the Giants though)
It's a typical Giants game....we're ahead 1-0 in the 8th.....Wilson blows the save....it's now 1-1....Giants come up in the top of the 9th and score 3 runs!!!...that's two games worth of runs for goodness sakes!!)
It's 4 to 1......it's over!!.............uh..........no...........it's the Giants after all.
My daughter comes out to talk to me about what she has planned for the night. (She's smart - talk to dad while he's relaxing with a beer and a stogie, and she gets almost anything she wants.)
I turned down the radio and chatted with my girl for a while.............maybe 15 puffs or so went by.......

She left, and I turned the radio back on................it's now 4 to 3 Giants, and Tigers have the bases loaded with one out!
WTF!!!!
Suddenly, without even being aware of it, I'm puffing on the last 1/3 my stick like a madman!
Anyways, a miracle double play and the Giants win........but it didn't feel like a win......I looked at what was left of my stogie....just the nub.........and I nursed that baby til I calmed down and my fingers were burning...........friggin Giants almost ruining my stogie experience!

Comments

• Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Be glad for the win. The games I've watched this year they seem to be playing well. Have'nt been paying too much attention to them though. Did half assed watch the A's tonight while grabbing beers.