Home Non Cigar Related

Air Conditioning

big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
Hello everybody hope everyone is staying cool out there im in southern california and its 100 degrees out today, anyway i work in HVAC i was wondering if i can help out, if anybody has Air conditioning problems, maybe i can help out, just pm me and i can try to help out, remember to change your air filters, and wash out your outside units coil for basic maintenance

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Wow, way to step up and look out for the folks on the forums my friend! Damned decent thing to do.

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    no kidding lol. Way to go bro.....my gfs neighbors use to be Vice preside for Trane........recently retired so he is hooking me up cuz my unit is very inefficient, to due the smoke test on the vents to see where my leaks are and to help seal up the leaks.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Wow, way to step up and look out for the folks on the forums my friend! Damned decent thing to do.

+1. I'll give everyone some free electrical advice...that **** will kill ya, hire a professional, not for the DIY guy. See, I might have just saved someone's life. Wink [;)]
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:

+1. I'll give everyone some free electrical advice...that **** will kill ya, hire a professional, not for the DIY guy. See, I might have just saved someone's life. Wink [;)]
    You're a hero Joe! :-D And correct as well, a huge +1 to this. This is one area you DONT want to scrimp to save money folks.

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    This is true, I've been shocked a few times never fun, a electrical meter is a life saver
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    Hello everybody hope everyone is staying cool out there im in southern california and its 100 degrees out today, anyway i work in HVAC i was wondering if i can help out, if anybody has Air conditioning problems, maybe i can help out, just pm me and i can try to help out, remember to change your air filters, and wash out your outside units coil for basic maintenance
    so just spray the coils with a hose?

"Long ashes my friends."

Yup, no disassembly required. Just spray water inside the side vents of your outdoor unit until the water starts coming back out clean, and VOILA! Made a HUGE difference in the way my unit was working this year.

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    big chunks:

Seriously, outstanding BORK already helped me out with a bit of advice!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I could use some help... My electricity bill has just been going nuts lately. I think it might have something to do with running that Air Conditioner thing I have in this place.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    If its not getting too hot, a whole house fan can help.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    So is this gut still around?
    One God, One Truth
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    roland_7707:
    So is this gut still around?
    He last visited on Sept 30th.
  • willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    big chunks:
    Did the same job of you BRO but today whe start the commercial heating !