Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Klitschko vs Haye

ug danug dan Posts: 375
Anyone watch? I caught the last 4 rounds and am glad I did'nt waste anymore time than that on it. What a bore.

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Watched the forst 9, then went to espn.com to find the ending. Its like every other Kitschko fight, except this guy was one step above a tomato can so he looked even worse. For awhile, I got sucked into believing that Klit was a very good fighter and would give fits to even great champs of all time because of his size and power. Now however, I am back with the majority of fans and analysts who feel bad for the division and realize even a good heavyweight from other generations would clean out this division (Norton, Bowe, T. Morrison even)
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I watched it and would agree that it was a pretty boring fight ..... not sure if you guys saw the after fight interviews, Hays said that 3 weeks ago he broke his toe and had his shoe off in the ring to prove it and stated that he couldn't plant and throw " The Haymaker " that he usually does and then Klit said that they followed his game plan and once they knew they were ahead he stated " I'll fight smart and stay away so I don't get caught " just all in all a lackluster by both fighters ....... On a side note I thought the Ref was a chump for deducting a point from Klit for pushing Hays down, but then redeemed himself after telling Hays to stop flopping and then the last time Hays did he got up to a standing 8 count .
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Yea it was a let down. I watched the whole thing. They each said in interviews that they would rematch. Haye claiming he would knock Klitschko out if he was 100% and Klitschko promising the same thing "next time". Haye said he may even put off his planned October retirment for a rematch. I hope he acually fights next time.
  • Options
    Id rather see a rematch of Ali vs Liston......NOW, than I would these stiff's.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Id rather see a rematch of Ali vs Liston......NOW, than I would these stiff's.

If you ever get to watch that replay of that fight, keep an eye out for the point in time just prior to Liston's getting cold-cocked. I watched that fight live and, if memory serves, I recall Liston dropping both hands straight down and just waiting to be hit. It was as though, in my mind at least, he was saying to Clay (I won't dignify the ba$tard by calling him by his assumed name) "C'mon, hit me. You've missed your last 3 cues."

I'll always believe that fight was rigged - pure and simple.

Marty

• Options
    bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    Probably one of the worst fights I have seen. I actualy missed the Yankees Mets game to watch this **** fight. Glad I didn't pay for it.
  • Options
    Your not the only one who thinks that man.....Liston was well known for taking dives.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I saw on a TV show that he was tied up with the mafia. I don't know how accurate that is but they advanced it as a possible reason for a flop