Home Cigar 101
Options

Matches

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
I'v been trying to use matches since my lighter went dry, but my burn line won't stay straight. I tost the foot and rotate while lighting, then it seems like one part always burns 1/4 of an inch faster than the rest.
any suggestions?
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    You can touch up with a match much like you do with a lighter. That's all I got...lol
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, thought of that, it's kinda hard to use a match when the wind is blowing. lol
    Need to grab up some fuel.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just gonna throw this out there - strike-anywhere matches. WalMart sells them for something like 200 for $0.50 - and it looks damn cool when you can light a match off the side of a grill or a building or a table - Clint Eastwood cool
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Just gonna throw this out there - strike-anywhere matches. WalMart sells them for something like 200 for $0.50 - and it looks damn cool when you can light a match off the side of a grill or a building or a table - Clint Eastwood cool
    Uh oh, there's that evil WalMart again! (jk jk)
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    JCizzle:
    xmacro:
    Uh oh, there's that evil WalMart again! (jk jk)
    Fight, fight, fight!

Just like the last time somebody brought up Wal-Mart, haha.

I have to agree though. Striking a match on a box is a tad corny when you're lighting a cigar with it.

JDE

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Count on 3 matches. Use the first 2 to "toast" the foot. The third match will fill the burn.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I light them on my 5 o'clock shadow.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    JCizzle:
    I light them on my 5 o'clock shadow.
    LOL, that would be f'ing awesome.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Just give that match a few seconds to start burning so you won't draw that black smoke and sulfer into the cigar.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Count on 3 matches. Use the first 2 to "toast" the foot. The third match will fill the burn.
    this works well especially if they're real cigar matches. I don't even clip my cigar until it's fully toasted. I then clip it and start puffing on it.

"Long ashes my friends."