Home General Discussion
Options

4th of July Weekend re-cap

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Man, I had a really great time this past weekend. We headed up to Dallas to meet some friends on Saturday. We got in to town early in the afternoon and met up with Isaac. Isaac is one of my old roomates, we are like brothers. I haven't seen him in 8 years, however, so it was fantastic getting to see him again. Billy and his wife Sarah came down from OK as well, and although I saw them in April, prior to that I hadn't seen them in about 6 years.

We ended up just hanging out a bit and going to Saltgrass Steakhouse for supper. For an appetizer, they have these shrimp, stacked with a piece of chicken, covered in barbeque sauce, wrapped in delicious bacon, and grilled. they were just as amazing as they sound. Followed that with a 22oz porterhouse, and as expected, it was phenominal. After supper we just went back to the hotel and chilled out for a while.

Sunday morning I got to work on Isaac's arm, a Boba Fett as a Green Lantern. I was really happy with the way it came out, it was a lot of fun to do. Isaac loved it too, which is always a plus, lol. We ran a little late with the tattoo, so we got to the B&M around 1:30 or so. Jason (purofreak) was already waiting for us in this amazing humidor. I picked up a few cigars and moved out to the table, where we ordered lunch. Jason recommended the Cuban sandwich, and I have to say, I am really glad he did. Awesome, awesome sammich. I followed that up with my first Viaje, an Exclusivo Edicion Limitada Perfecto, which turned out to be one of the best cigars I've had in a while. A couple of Jason's cigar buddies showed up and we sat around, smoking, eating, bullshitting, it was a blast.

A little later in the afternoon, we went back to hotel so Isaac could wash his tattoo and we could all re-group. Jason invited us to his place for a cookout, so we rolled that way. I really want to express how welcoming Jason was, keep in mind, it wasn't just me. I had my wife, my daughter, Billy, his wife, and Isaac all in tow. Jason and his wife welcomed us like we were family. My daughter and his son had a blast playing together, and everyone really seemed to be enjoying themselves. After we ate, I got to do another tattoo for the day, a really fun black and gray piece on Jason's leg. We probably would have smoked another cigar, but it was getting close to midnight. He did, however, gift me with more cigars (he had hit me with some at the B&M already) before we called it a night.

On Monday, I headed down to a cigarette/cigar shop right down the street from Jason. He told me on Saturday that the place had Alec Bradley New Yorks in, so I had to grab some of those. They ended up having 7 in stock, I can't wait to try one now, lol. After that quick stop, we ended up going over to the mall there and eating at California Pizza Kitchen. We wandered around the mall a bit, and ended up running across a killer deal on a new phone. I have wanted a HTC EVO 4G for a month or so now, mainly for the camera. Radio Shack was having a 4th of July sale on the EVO, picked it up for $30.

We headed back a little later than I had planned, but still got out of Dallas around 5pm or so. AND I got to eat Whataburger on the way home. Just an overall awesome time, and I found that I really like Dallas. The more cities I visit in Texas, the more I like the state. In closing, I just wanted to thank Jason again for being such an awesome host and say I love Dallas!

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    That is my hometown and I'm glad you had a great time. Also, I'm jealous! Cheers and happy 4th.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Oh man, I had a blast. It definitely won't be our last time in Dallas.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Sounds like one heck of a good time. I met my wife in Ft. Worth on business. I really like the Dallas/ft. Worth area and thats saying something considering I'm a small-town guy. Next time we're down there I will be going on a tour of the b&m's on the dallas side. Sounds like there's some good ones.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tony, you're welcome here anytime bro! We had a great time and can't thank you enough for everything. Just so you all know, this guy hit me with 5 Alec Bradley Prymes when we got to the B&M! Well... After he hit me with a nice 3 pk sampler of flavored White Owls! lmao Grape, Strawberry and Peach! Then he also tossed me a Jesus Fuego Natural while we were at the shop. We had a great time back here at the house where they brought tons of food to throw on the grill and chips and beer... It was an awesome night and the tattoo turned out amazing! Thanks for everything Tony and we hope you guys can make it up this way again in the future! Just watch out because my wife might steal that sweet little girl of yours! lol