Home Cigar 101
Options

Sampler Selection Process?

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
I have been buying various "samplers' here - pretty much a good deal all around.
So lets say I'm buying another sampler, and Ccom says you get three each of Cigar X, Y, and Z.
Now, cigar X comes only in a Robusto, so I know what I'm going to get.
But both cigars Y and Z come in Coronas, Robustos, Toros, Torpedos, etc.

So what dictates which type of cigar from Y and Z Ccom will be inserting into the sampler pack - price?
Is it random, so that you might get one mix on Monday and a different on Tuesday for the same sampler?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I cant speak for all samplers, But usually Ccom lists in the description the sizes for each cigar, For instance if you look at the daily deal it will list two sizes, The 1st is for the first cigar in the description and the 2nd, well, for the second. I dont believe its random they send out specific cigar sizes with each sampler. Sometimes you can also tell by the cigar name, for example the Gran Habano azteca comes in a Jaguar and an Aguilla, which represents different sizes. Hope this helps, Im sure a cs rep would be more than willing to help you if you still have questions, Take Care, Santa Cruz, ARRRRGGGHHH, Nice
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    yeah I second the "its not random" part of the question. And you can always call them and ask if its going to be a deal breaker for you. But there are specific sizes included in each of the samplers. What those are, are not always disclosed ahead of the time, but its the same sizes of the same cigars included in the same samplers every day of the week. That never changes, and probably never will.

Typically its not that hard to figure out . . . Flight samplers and taster samplers and such have one of every size of line. when they list the size in the name (the figurado sampler, corona sampler, big ring samplers, etc), its also pretty straight forward, but I'm sure your not asking about those.

Then there are the rest of the samplers where I think they usually include the most popular sizes in each cigar. So usually robustos and toros make up most of the samplers out there, but several do include belicosos and torpedos as well.

Take the DPG top 25 sampler as a good example (which is a sampler I wish they'd bring back, haven't seen it for a while). You can tell by the picture whats in there, and there were always 3 DPG CC robustos, 3 San cristobal Robustos, 3 Tat Havana VI robustos, 3 DPG Blue toros, and 3 La Aroma De cuba belicosos. I think those are the best selling sizes in each of those lines so they have the quantity moving through to make up these smaplers at heavily discounted prices. win win in my book.

on a side note, that really was a freaking amazing sampler.