Home General Discussion
Options

Black and Milds

Hey everyone.

What are your opinions on black and milds? I hear there are some with wooden tips. Any other cigar similar to them? A friend showed me the other day and they smell fabulous.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I've never had one, I thought they were smiliar to a cigarette?
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They smell rather like Captain Black pipe tobacco. I assume short filler, machine made, chemically enhanced for taste and burn. I don't smoke them, not a "real" cigar, to my mind.
    I'm not putting you down if you like them or want to try them. I got started with Swisher Sweets myself, of course, I was 15, and soon moved "up" (or laterally) to King Edward, etc., and finally on to the better machine-mades like A&C, until someone educated me. Gotta start somewhere...
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    I assume short filler, machine made, chemically enhanced for taste and burn. I don't smoke them, not a "real" cigar, to my mind.
    all of that is true.

there is also a bit of paper in there as a "binder"

they may smell good but there is not going to be the complexity you get out of a longfiller handmade. i have not had one since i was in high school, but from what i can remember, the taste was nothing special.

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    They're really far more like pipe tobacco than any cigar I've ever had. If you like them I strongly suggest getting a pipe.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with all of the above. If you are looking for aroma, then B&M is the way to go. If you're looking for taste and all around great cigar then you need to start exploring real cigars. Might I suggest the CCom blends. Their sampler will take you a long way in understanding what you like.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Smoke one and let us know what you think of them. I personally don't like them but if you do who are we to tell you to not smoke them. Enjoy...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I suggest smoking a premium handmade cigar, then smoke a black and mild. I think you will def see a big difference. And you can find great sticks for 3 or $4.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    I suggest smoking a premium handmade cigar, then smoke a black and mild. I think you will def see a big difference. And you can find great sticks for 3 or $4.
    +1.
  • Options
    CwizCwiz Posts: 12
    Very cool! That is all. Thanks guys!