Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Game of Thrones

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
One of the most epic shows I've seen in a long time. Started reading the books too and it's twice as epic. Anyone else fans?

Comments

• Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    my roommate is reading the book right now and ill read it after he does.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Guess I better grab the book(s)...
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    the show is great... but the books are a LOT better... I've read all 4 and pre-ordered #5... Martin needs to pick up his writing pace though... it's the first Fantasy series I ever read and it's amazing!
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Loved the mini series. Picked up the 4 paperback set at Costco for $19.99-looking forward to starting the series, but I have about 4 books in front of them....they might make a nice winter reading project.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Yes watched season 1, great show......love the HBO/Showtime stuff....
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    and the chippy playing Daenerys is pretty hot... in a "take over the world" kind of way
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Loved the series, guess I should consider pickingup the books, based on the comments here.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Loved season one.... I guess I have plenty of time to read the books. The next season isn't coming out till April of next year!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Long time fan of the books, started on them shortly after book 2 came out. Love the HBO adaptation too, and got my wife totally hooked. She kept asking me about what happens to each of the jackass characters in later installments and we can't wait for season 2.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    If it weren't for shows like Game of Thones, I'd have dropped HBO some time ago. I certainly don't subscribe for the movies. Epic show, love it.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    When I heard some dude named Jason Momoa was playing Conan the Barbarian in a remake, I wondered, "Who the f is Jason Momoa?" Now that I've seen him as Khal Drogo, Conan the Barbarian is on my short list. Drogo was a B-A-D Ass! Did anyone see him pull that guys tongue out through his throat?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Big fan. Loved the books, reading the most recent one now. I was really impressed with how well the producers of the show really accurately brought Martin's mythos to life (dare I even go so far as to call it a mythopoeia, given how fully developed the Song of Ice and Fire universe is? Maybe not quite as massive and full as Tolkien's, but there isn't nearly as much material yet). Anyway, even my Mom got into this series, and she has no interest, or love for the Fantasy genre. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I have always gotten the impression that she actively DISLIKES Fantasty, and after the first episode premiered, and she and my Dad watched it, she actually called me and asked if I had watched it, and had read the books etc. I'm a big fan of massive, well built, epic fantasy mythologies... and A Song of Ice and Fire is really one of the best out there. Also, Martin has real balls, killing off characters who the reader really gets to know and love, with no remorse... Even in the books, the white knuckle tension is non-stop.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I am about halk way through the 4th book now. We don't get HBO, but chances are I will buy the box set once it comes out. Love the books.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    One of the few shows I have actually taken time to watch . Love it ! Books must be awsome , will have to check out for maybe some very late night reading as my days are full now .
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I started a thread about the series but I guess I shoulda checked before! I am probably one of the few that is reading the books but has yet to see the show. I'm on Book 2 right now and it's great, and if the show is anything like the books I'm sure I will enjoy it!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    It's a cool show...a little weird but cool...season 2 should be interesting...
  • Options
    WTB larger direwolves
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Yes watched season 1, great show......love the HBO/Showtime stuff....
    Same here...loved the show....HBO and Showtime has the best series....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Fan
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Necro-threading here, but cant contain myself... did anyone see the season ending episode of the HBO series this weekend? One word - OTHERS!!!

Working my way thru the books right now too (coming up on halfway thru A Storm of Swords).

The HBO series is amazing!

The books, even better...

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Necro-threading here, but cant contain myself... did anyone see the season ending episode of the HBO series this weekend? One word - OTHERS!!!

Working my way thru the books right now too (coming up on halfway thru A Storm of Swords).

It's in the queue on the DVR ... haven't had a chance to get to it but now that I know they finally appear I can't wait to see it.
    I was hoping they'd show up before the end of this season; you got me (extra) excited to watch it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibv:
    The Sniper:

It's in the queue on the DVR ... haven't had a chance to get to it but now that I know they finally appear I can't wait to see it.
    I was hoping they'd show up before the end of this season; you got me (extra) excited to watch it.
    Even by the series' already high standards, this is an awesome episode! The one before it for that matter too!

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Even by the series' already high standards, this is an awesome episode! The one before it for that matter too!

Watched the season ending episode last night...awesome!!!
    So much happening in this 1 episode and a great ending for season 2. I can't wait for season 3.

• Options
    jgibv:
    The Sniper:

So much happening in this 1 episode and a great ending for season 2. I can't wait for season 3.
    Waiting for season 3 is gonna be the hard part! Already jonesing...

• Options
    The Sniper:
    jgibv:
    The Sniper:

Waiting for season 3 is gonna be the hard part! Already jonesing...

I hear that...I've read that season 3 won't premiere until Feb 2013....it's going to be a long wait for sure.

(but in the mean time, I love me some Breaking Bad which has a new season starting next month so that should keep me distracted for a little while at least lol)

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    tell me some of you guys watch this show.....
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Yes....insane last night lol. Tons of people butthurt and needed a psychiatrist all over the internet lol.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    was just reading this I have yet to watch any of this,, are any of the seasons on Netflix???****edit****In case anyone else was wondering,, both the 2011 and 2012 seasons are available on nextflix and I just added them to my queue
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    brianetz1:
    Yes....insane last night lol. Tons of people butthurt and needed a psychiatrist all over the internet lol.
    no ***.....i saw a bunch of people freaking out.....it is pretty awesome
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    It was a great episode, I was wondering how people watching the show but who hadn't read the books would react when that scene came up. book 6 is supposed to be out in October, been waiting forever.