Home General Discussion
Options

Favorite Sun Grown Wrapper Cigars

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
For me the best I've had is the Ashton VSG.  I recently had the Patel Sun Grown and while it was a nice smoke I did not think it was in the same ballpark as the Ashton VSG.  Not sure if I've had many others except the Cigar.com one and that was decent too but would rank third on this list.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I love the VSG. Also like the Fuente Sungrown Chateau series. The Chateau Fuente size (4.5x50) is one of my favorite, go to, every day smokes.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I will give a +1 to the VSG, I also like RP's Sun Grown, Alex Bradley's Sun Grown, and the C.com Sun Grown
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Vsg
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I love the VSG. Also like the Fuente Sungrown Chateau series. The Chateau Fuente size (4.5x50) is one of my favorite, go to, every day smokes.
    x2 and the esg, ccom and rp allright with me too
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    I will give a +1 to the VSG, I also like RP's Sun Grown, Alex Bradley's Sun Grown, and the C.com Sun Grown
    +1 on the Alec Bradley Sun Grown and the C.com Sun Grown...love em both!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    rp sun grown, ashton vsg and ccom sun grown. i haven't really had any others except for the arturo fuente sungrown. is that the queen b or king b? i think i was smoking it too fast because one of the flavors was horrible and made me want to throw up with each puff
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the RP, CCOM, never tried the VSG but it's on the "wish" list. Tried the H. Upmann Sun Grown a couple months ago and liked it very much.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I like the AB and RP sungrown, haven't tried the Ashton yet.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Ashton VSG
    Cuesta Rey Centro Fino
    GUrkha Centurian

• Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    I had the new Perdomo Exebicion Sun Grown today. It was awesome. It will be released at the show this year. Previously the RP was my favorite.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    stephen_hannibal:

GUrkha Centurian

Interesting I know that the wrapper is Connecticut seed, didn't know it was sungrown.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    ccom sun grown label is my favorite out of their whole line up
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    When I hear Sun Grown, first brand that pops into my mind is Arturo Fuente. Maybe cause it was my first love.. Ive heard really good things bout the VSG and I have a few resting. I smoked a PDR sun grown the other day and I was pleasantly suprised. I like the RP as well
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Already been mentioned here a couple of times, but the Alec Bradley Sungrown is an amazing cigar, I also really enjoy the RP Sungrown once it has about 6 months or so of age on it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I like the rp sg, they age nicely

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Its no secret im an Af hemi ****, and the sungrown version is excellent. I really enjoy their Rosado Magnum SG as well.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    V S **** G for me.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    t_evan50:
    Its no secret im an Af hemi ****, and the sungrown version is excellent. I really enjoy their Rosado Magnum SG as well.
    I still need to get some of those Magnums. I found one place online that has them and that is it.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Zino Embassy Selection Limited Edition 2010
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    RP Sungrown and CCOM Sungrown