Home General Discussion
Options

Whats up fellow cigars smokers,

am new to the forums if theres anything i should know would like some help.

One thing that i would really like to know is how can i enjoy a full cigar am more into the mild and medium ones as far as the maduros go only tried 3 and 2 of i did not like is there something i should look for in the maduros?

I got into cigars about 4 months ago after a paintball game and i said "this could be my new hobby" and it sure did? my first cigar was a El Artista Bambino.

I play alot of senario paintball and after every game a nice cigar is always good and time to relax. our teams wbsite is www.teamfoxtrot.us (little propaganda ;-D) I do alot of buying/selling/trading in a paintball forum called pbnation. If possible i would like to do the same here to try new cigars. I dont know how to post a link so at the bottom you can copy and paste my feedback and i use the same screen name on all the forums am in.

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=353979

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! If there's anything you want to know about cigars, you can find it here.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards! Clear a few hours out of your day and just start reading old posts on here. You'll find a wealth of knowledge that can't be found anywhere else. I highly recommend reading kuzi's posts on blending and developing your palate. It's the best, most useful, down-to-earth easy read "how-to" on just about everything you wanna know just starting out. You won't find another group on the 'net that's friendlier than the Brothers here! We are one big happy family!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hi, welcome to the forum. skweekz hit the nail on the head, read around the forum as a way to get to know us, and at the same time throw some posts out there so we can get to know you. This is a pretty friendly place, hope you stick around.

Joe
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother, you will definitely find a wealth of info in the forums, ombr
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Hi, welcome to the forum. skweekz hit the nail on the head, read around the forum as a way to get to know us, and at the same time throw some posts out there so we can get to know you. This is a pretty friendly place, hope you stick around.

Joe
    +2 (j0z3r's was +1)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot from these guys. Fire up a stick and start reading past posts, then;

Get a larger humi
    Call cigar.com and talk to a rep
    Buy up some samplers and start trying them out
    Join the Cigar/Month Club
    Get another humi
    Get 2nd job

Give ccom a call and they will set you up with some samplers to try, you may find that you like some mild smokes as well. Like women, don't have expectations, enjoy each for what it is. I haven't really smoked a cigar I didn't like in some way. Just have fun with it.
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Welcome to the forum. Any questions you have, you will be able to get answers here. Everybody on the forum and at CCOM are great and will help get you set up with everything you'll need. Look forward to talking to you on the forum.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Welcome to the forums! Anything you need to know can be found here. Lots of great questions/answers can be found here by the many great brothers/sisters here.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    +1 to calling a rep and a bigger box.
    There are no do's or don'ts, buy a sampler, see what you like and buy more of those. your tastes will evolve with time.
    great to have you.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    Welcome to the boards! Clear a few hours out of your day and just start reading old posts on here. You'll find a wealth of knowledge that can't be found anywhere else. I highly recommend reading kuzi's posts on blending and developing your palate. It's the best, most useful, down-to-earth easy read "how-to" on just about everything you wanna know just starting out. You won't find another group on the 'net that's friendlier than the Brothers here! We are one big happy family!

+1 Welcome to forum...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forum.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    Welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot from these guys. Fire up a stick and start reading past posts, then;

Get a larger humi
    Get another humi
    Get 2nd job

Give ccom a call and they will set you up with some samplers to try, you may find that you like some mild smokes as well. Like women, don't have expectations, enjoy each for what it is. I haven't really smoked a cigar I didn't like in some way. Just have fun with it.
    ..Very True lol, welcome
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    thanks to all that post and yea i should of read the forums first i bought a 50ct humi and it quickly filled up then i made the mistake to buy another 50ct and again it got filled up quickly lol should of just bought a big one the secong time. if any new guys out there reading this buy a big humi from the get go trust me!!!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:

Get a larger humi
    Get another humi
    Get 2nd job

x2