Home Ratings & Reviews

Weekend Stick Report....

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
A few of you know I only smoke fri, sat, and sun,........thus far I have been able to stick to that.

Fri - I don't mess around fri evening, I go with a favorite always - this past friday, a Padilla Black Bear - loved it as usual - if you have not tried one, they're up right now - 15 for $39 - this newbie says get em! I have a bunch, and no room in my humi, or I'd get more - solid A- (90 points)

Sat - started of mid day with a Rocky Patel 2008 Autumn Collection Toro - nice solid stick, mello flavor, good burn - I give it a straight up B (85 points)
Then the wife informs me that I have to BBQ for guests. So, I look for a "bbq stick" and grab a Gran Habano Factory Overrun - not really sure, but I think it was a Toro. This thing was a mess, but I knew it might be ahead of time. Some parts were mushy like a marshmellow, other parts hard as a 50 caliber bullet. Taste wasn't the greatest, bad burn, tunneled a bit........maybe "factory second" was a bit more appropriate - not worth grading
Refused to end the day with that - went to a Gurkha Titan to finish off the evening, it was a good one (as usual.) - solid B+ (88 points)

Sun - I work early every sunday, then have a 2+ hour break from 8 to about 10am. Did my usual routine, went to the harbor, and smoked a Cohiba Red Dot corona an A- as usual (90 points) - delicious. Watched this older couple working on their expensive yacht. She was 60ish, short cropped grey hair, fully tanned, in a skin tight one-piece, with the body of an in-shape 40 year old, big natural rack - no $hit.......damn! That dude was a lucky old fart!!
Finished off today with a PDR Classico Torpedo. This is one of the best PDR I have had yet (Habano, Oscuro, Liga Cubano) - B+ (88 points)

Comments