Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte review

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
93-Rated by RB of Georgia: "Don't let the name keep you from trying this cigar. While it is full strength and flavor it has a remarkable balance that keeps it smooth and enjoyable from start to finish. The flavors of this cigar run from spicy cedar to a sweet caramel finish and everything in between. A must try cigar for full flavored fans. I personally score this cigar 93. A truly great cigar."

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I keep these in stock in every size. One of my favorites.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    What's your favorite vitola? I keep LHCOF on hand as well (love them, never let me down) but have only had the robusto and the corona (from the AJ sampler). I think I might have a toro but have not smoked one yet.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite go-to stick. I bought a box of toros a while back still have some left. Definitely gonna buy another box later.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Heavy:
    undulac:
    What's your favorite vitola? I keep LHCOF on hand as well (love them, never let me down) but have only had the robusto and the corona (from the AJ sampler). I think I might have a toro but have not smoked one yet.
    Mostly the Toro just because that is my favorite size. I do keep some Salomons in stock for those late nights that I want a cigar to last over two hours. I usually don't keep too many Belicoso in stock just because when I'm in the mood for that, I grab a Diesel. I think the reason I like this cigar so much is they are so consistant vitola to vitola. I basically just grab the size I have the time for.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Heavy:
    undulac:
    Mostly the Toro just because that is my favorite size. I do keep some Salomons in stock for those late nights that I want a cigar to last over two hours. I usually don't keep too many Belicoso in stock just because when I'm in the mood for that, I grab a Diesel. I think the reason I like this cigar so much is they are so consistant vitola to vitola. I basically just grab the size I have the time for.
    Cool - thanks man. That's exactly what I was looking for - good to know they are consistent from size to size. The robustos are pretty big to be called a robusto (5.4" x 55 or something like that), so they definitely take me a little longer than a typical robusto. If the corona ever goes into regular production I'm going to be all over it.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This is one of my favorite sticks I keep Belicoso and Toro on hand. I have about 40 at the ready. This is the stick that made me love the PA Broadleaf Wrapper.
    LHCOF + AJ = Greatness!!!!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I am a med-full cigar person and like these. The best part of LHC is consistency. I have not had one yet with bad construction or draw issues. I have had a couple of burn issues but that was climate dictated, no fault of the cigar. Every vitola I have tried has been good.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I don't think this stick has the complexity of the MOW or Diesel, but boy, it has this one chocolate flavor that hits on all cylinders. Can't beat that.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    A regular for me.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I don't think this stick has the complexity of the MOW or Diesel, but boy, it has this one chocolate flavor that hits on all cylinders. Can't beat that.
    I'm currently enjoying my first Robusto that I recently acquired in a trade. Prior to tonight I had only had the Belicoso and Soloman. The Robusto has less spice and more of the dark tobacco and semi-sweet chocolate flavors than the Belicoso...more like the Soloman.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    For me this stick just never really develops...just a general tobacco flavor is about all I get. Maybe some slight flavor at the end but so MANY other sticks are better IMHO.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    My personal favorite is the robusto.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Not. I don't find this stick very well balanced. Flavors all over the map. IMO.