Home General Discussion
Options

Fridgeadorous Rex!

skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
All this talk of coolerdors and whatnot got me started on this project. It's not done quite yet. I'm still tweeking the conservagel beads to maintain humidity at 65%. My wife has graciously allowed me to keep them in the bedroom (to read: I put them there before she could say no) to allow for better control/monitoring. I told her if the house ever burns down, grab the baby and as many boxes as she can hold.

The setup is actually two separate mini-fridges. The top one is from the wife's college days. I took the compressor out of the back and removed the freezer tray part. I plugged up two remaining holes with weather stripping. The bottom fridge is my old one from my "I live in my parents' basement" days. I didn't remove any of the components from it, but it will remain unplugged. The bedroom is usually right around 70* so temperature shouldn't be too much of an issue. I currently have one pound of conservagel beads in each fridge. This week, I'll be fabricating shelves out of spanish cedar. They'll be flat and slide in where the wire racks are to go. I figure these should be pretty easy to do myself, as it's only just measuring and cutting. I plan to store mostly boxes in there (the plan is to buy one box a month until it's all filled up.)

And the pics of Fridgeadorous Rex (sorry Sniper, I stole your dinosaur theme :0)

They still need some external decorating, 'cause they currently look kinda boring.

Comments

• Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very nice job. Be sure to post some pics once you've got those babies full up.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    +1. No need to apologize brother! I think its AWESOME!!! Nicely done!

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I actually think I have that same exact bottom fridge as my humi as well and have a 12 bottle Vinotemp unplugged on top as well!

The bottom fridge holds humidity SUPER well, but it's airtight so make sure you open that baby up once and awhile!

Looks good bro!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That is awesome!