Home General Discussion
Options

Nicaragua Bound

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hey guys. As you may or may not know, the big annual cigar tradeshow is in Vegas next week where the this years newest releases will be debuted. I am headed down to Nicaragua today to get a sneak peak at some of these new goodies if I can and get my orders in firstt. As they say, the early bird gets the worm. Shorty from Pit Boss is taking a break from filming right now and called me last week to see if he could come down. We are working on a new project with him for his own size in Punisher which will be an agenda item for the trip as well as continued development of the new super premium blend using that cameroon wrapper I found that was grown back in 1979! Not sure if you guys have been following my video blogs on that project. I also have some great 5 year old costa rican habano ligero wrapper that just came in we are working with. Good times ahead. Keep an eye on the video blog for updates.

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Thanks for the updates Alex! This is all very exciting
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Alex Svenson:
    Hey guys. As you may or may not know, the big annual cigar tradeshow is in Vegas next week where the this years newest releases will be debuted. I am headed down to Nicaragua today to get a sneak peak at some of these new goodies if I can and get my orders in firstt. As they say, the early bird gets the worm. Shorty from Pit Boss is taking a break from filming right now and called me last week to see if he could come down. We are working on a new project with him for his own size in Punisher which will be an agenda item for the trip as well as continued development of the new super premium blend using that cameroon wrapper I found that was grown back in 1979! Not sure if you guys have been following my video blogs on that project. I also have some great 5 year old costa rican habano ligero wrapper that just came in we are working with. Good times ahead. Keep an eye on the video blog for updates.

Cameroon wrapper? My favorite! 1979 - my birth year! This sounds like a must have for me!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Alex Svenson:

Cameroon wrapper? My favorite! 1979 - my birth year! This sounds like a must have for me!
    1979 comaeroon puro at that.

my only question is (being that i have never smoked a cameroon all wrapper grade puro) wouldnt that be a bit of a one note song?
    and now that i think of it, wouldnt that also produce a bit of a bitter note on the finish due to combustion issues? i mean the wrapper burns a bit cooler than the filler, right? wouldnt that cause the all wrapper to be thrown a bit out of balance?

again, i wouldnt know because i have never smoked this tobacco, just a passing thought.

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Ya we passed on the single leaf stick. When it aged it tasted way off. We are back to blending.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it is going to be a very productive trip. I am really interested to see how this new Punisher turns out. I would definietly be in for an order or two of that.

Dan
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see what all new stuff is coming down the pipeline. Definitely interested in a Shorty Punisher too.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    You really have the worst job in the world Alex. If youre ready to start a new career path in like coal mines or something, just let me know and I'll bite the bullet and take your place at ccom so you dont have to worry about it. You're a nice guy and it's the least i could do.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new blends! Keep us posted.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Awesome, can't wait to hear about the new blends!!
    Have a safe trip Alex.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A shorty iced Punisher that sounds good.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Oh man, the tobacco you are working with right now sounds phenomenal. Can't wait to get my hands on the final product. Have fun down there dude, and then have fun out in the desert at the show.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Shorty tweeted that he was headed there and I was wondering what goodness was in store. Send him our love and travel safe. Most importantly, make some more stellar products