Home Cigar 101

Resting cigars, how do you keep track of date?

2»

Comments

• Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    bob sent me a nice hit and all of them had the dates and info on them. I don't know how he labels them but that is very cool. Me I have a 100ct Humi. top shelf smoke now middle draw came in two months ago and last Shelf just came in with in a week of days . it is easy for me that way but if I had more time I think I would do it the way bob does it.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    bob sent me a nice hit and all of them had the dates and info on them. I don't know how he labels them but that is very cool. Me I have a 100ct Humi. top shelf smoke now middle draw came in two months ago and last Shelf just came in with in a week of days . it is easy for me that way but if I had more time I think I would do it the way bob does it.
    Glad you like 'em. I use Avery stick on address labels that you can run through a desk top printer and type up the info I want on my computer for each cigar. Then I "cut & paste" in order to duplicate the info for however many cigars I have of each type, then print. With small font I can add a lot of info on there and then cut 'em into strips.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Bob would Masking tape and a Marker work ?
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I actually just installed a new system in my humis. It is as follows.

Sticks I bought: B - DD/MM/YY
    Sticks Gifted: G - DD/MM/YY - Gifter

Still lets me know when the stick entered the humi, but makes sure I don't Re-Gift a cigar.

I need to find out where you fine people get the blank bands, for the sticks that don't have cello on them. (if you know where to get some, PM me the info please)

Anyway, it works well for me. Feel free to use it, if you like.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    And get all the same info on there? Only if you wrote very very small. LOL.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I purchased some small labels from Walmart that I use for dating my cigars when I remember to, I also use them to label wires when I do electrical projects.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:

Still lets me know when the stick entered the humi, but makes sure I don't Re-Gift a cigar.

I need to find out where you fine people get the blank bands, for the sticks that don't have cello on them. (if you know where to get some, PM me the info please)

There's places on line where you can print them off like Avery labels. Just google it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    webmost:
    New Boots:

There's places on line where you can print them off like Avery labels. Just google it.
    Sweet! Thanks! I guess I was just to lazy to look.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I have a note in my phone with dated inventory because I'm a big fan of removing the cellophane from my sticks. I find the burn to be more consistent (after proper rest of course) and the smell of the humidor all full of nude cigars to be orgasmic.

It's good to keep a few cellos in the box the sticks came in for when you want to gift one of your "naked" smokes.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 humidors. 1 100 count that is my go to box and it is empty. I have 2 small humidors that are for aging, 1 3 months and 1 6 months and their contents will go in the go to box today. I have a Cinco Vegas humidor that holds only Golds and all new Golds go on the bottom, nice way to rotate and it seems to work very well.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Like many who use the lable, you can see it on the cello in the pic
    photo IMG_8640.jpg

I date it and put the name of the BOTL who gave it to me, sometimes if it was a special occasion of why they gave it to me (gang war, birthday, movie trivia etc) that goes on it also. If I bought it no name, just the date.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Retircs1:
    And get all the same info on there? Only if you wrote very very small. LOL.
    i use masking tape and THIS SHARPIE with amazing success.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stick a card inside the lid of each box I fill, with the blend and the date I finished filling it.

... and you're right youngryan216, the aroma from those nakes is orgasmic. As they age, the wrappers lose their mottled appearance, they pick up some cedar from the box, and flavors meld. Yummers.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• I also use a sharpie on the cellophane and never had a problem
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    BillieBLVD:
    I also use a sharpie on the cellophane and never had a problem
    i don't like the sharpie smell so close to my cigars
    Money can't buy taste
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The little voices in my head.....